Thursday, August 10, 2017

Today is vet day...

The boys missed their breakfast because I have to take them in for dentals.  Zane will have at least one growth removed (and probably two).  Then I will bring them home, feed them, and do my best to keep Zane from removing his stitches.

I hate this.  In the States, you bring your dogs in and they stay most of the day.  Here in Germany, I can drop them off, but I have to get them soon after they're finished because our vet doesn't have anywhere to keep them while they recover from the anesthetic.  I usually sit in a room with them while they get an IV and come around.  Hopefully, we'll be all done by noon.

It's going to be a weekend at home.  Fortunately, it looks like the weather is going to suck anyway.  I guess I'll just watch a bunch of movies and do laundry or something.

I'm sure when the pathology comes back on Zane's growths, I'll be hearing more about mast cell tumors.  I'm pretty sure at least one of the growths I want removed is a mast cell tumor.  I'm almost hesitant to have it removed because of where it is (on the inside of his paw, next to his dew claw).  Fortunately, it's in the skin and seems slightly less swollen today.  The other growth was tested last year and came back as a lipoma, but it's been growing steadily and it's on his hind leg.  I won't be surprised if it's also a mast cell tumor.

I love my dogs, but canine cancer sucks.  So far, mast cell cancer is not as bad as what my two previous dogs (Flea and MacGregor) had.  But it does still suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.