Friday, August 4, 2017

Them Duke boys... and dumbass Derick Dillard...

Last night, as Bill and I were bonding over wine, I read about former Dukes of Hazzard star Tom Wopat's latest brush with the law.  Mr. Wopat, now 65 (wow!) years old, was arrested in Massachusetts for "indecent assault" and possession of cocaine.  Evidently, he got in trouble for putting his finger between some woman's butt cheeks during rehearsals for a production of 42nd Street.

I must say, having grown up watching Mr. Wopat as a young man playing Luke Duke on The Dukes of Hazzard, I am shocked and saddened that he allegedly molested someone.  To add insult to injury, when Wopat was confronted about his lewd behavior, he supposedly denied it and said, "Fuck them all."  Apparently, this was not the first time Wopat touched a woman inappropriately during the production.  Mr. Wopat pled not guilty to the charges and was released after paying $1000 bail.  He's apparently still performing in the show while the charges are pending.  This is a far cry from the good guy Robin Hood type he played on the wildly successful show from the 70s and 80s.  Yet another role model dashed...

In other Dukes of Hazzard news, actor Ben Jones, who played mechanic Cooter Davenport on the show, is in the news for hosting a southern pride festival in Virginia.  Mr. Jones, who used to be a Democrat, but is now a Republican who disapproves of Donald Trump, served a couple of terms in Congress.  He now lives in my home state of Virginia, where he runs a museum and restaurant and hosts rallies promoting southern heritage.  As a southerner myself, I must say I'm not ashamed of where I'm from.  I actually love the South.  However, I can see why these types of festivals can seem pretty backwards nowadays.

Moving on...   

A reader sent me an article about Derick Dillard, husband of the former Jill Duggar.  In prior blog posts, I mentioned liking Jill and Derick.  However, as I've watched the husbands of the Duggar daughters speaking out lately, I have found myself less enchanted by them.  This week, Derick is in hot water for tweeting about Jazz Jennings, a transgender teenager on the TLC show I Am Jazz.

Mr. Dillard posted his belief that "transgender is a myth" and "gender is not fluid; it is ordained by God."  I'm not sure why Derick Dillard feels the need to opine about a fellow TLC star.  I think it's in poor taste and not very Christian behavior.  What a pity.  I thought Derick was going to be a somewhat thoughtful husband to Jill, but it looks like it's not to be...

I long for the day when someone from the Duggar clan breaks out and writes a tell all book.  It'll sell like hotcakes.  But that will take someone getting good and pissed off at Boob to the point at which they don't fear the repercussions.  Unfortunately, people who have been raised in culty environments have a hard time breaking free.  However, I have every confidence that it'll happen someday and when it does, I'll be ready to read all about it.

Yesterday, I posted a new book review on my music blog.  It's about Canadian songstress Anne Murray.  Feel free to check it out if you like.  Also, I had a good experience getting a new I.D. today.

Maybe I'll be back later today... maybe I won't.  I think I'm ready to start on a new book. 

4 comments:

  1. I will read your Anne Murray review immediately. I read her book and liked it. I've met her. I'll tell you the circumstances later.

    I wonder what Mr. Dillard thinks about people who are born in physically intersex states. He may not even be aware that such happens.

    I always thought Luke was the cuter Duke. (Luke IS the blond one, isn't he?) Putting his finger between someone's butt cheeks without consent? Eewwwww!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, that was Bo. And he wasn't a real blond.

      Delete
    2. I looked it up because it was making me crazy. Luke Duke was [supposedly] played by Tom Wopat. Bo Duke, played by John Schneider, was the one I though was cute.

      Delete
    3. Right. John Schneider was Bo (and everyone seemed to think he was cuter). Tom Wopat was Luke. Sorry, if I didn't make that clear. I was responding on my phone.

      But John Schneider was not naturally blond. :D

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.