Saturday, June 17, 2017

In Belgium!

It took all day to get to our present location of Alveringem.  I rented us a huge old house that dates from 1670.  The dogs were warmly welcomed after their long ride.  I awoke this morning to the smell of beer brewing and the sounds of chirping birds and hooting owls.  I hope to have some new travel posts up today or tomorrow, but for now, I just want to enjoy where we are.  This town isn't particularly notable-- at least that I know of.  I think I chose it because it's not far from the beach, Ghent, or Bruges.  

Still... as much as I can vegetate at home, I'm tempted to do it here, too.  While it's currently cool outside, this place has a swimming pond that is also home to two fish.  We may have to try it out.

I think it'll be nice turning 45 here.  I'm a little leery about July, since July often sucks.  But right now, it's June... and I'm sitting in a beautiful old house with good WiFi.  And we were even visited by a cute little critter.



Good thing the boys didn't see this bunny!

4 comments:

  1. What do you think the temperature of the water in the swimming pool is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a pond, not a pool. I don't know how cold it is. Unfortunately, I got a visit from Aunt Flow, so I am not swimming.

      Delete
    2. I did try it today, but didn't stay in because of my period.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.