Monday, May 15, 2017

Judith Ann sings the blues...

It's Monday morning.  Mr. Bill has a job interview today, having passed a phone screening the other day.  Meanwhile, I'm sitting here in my nightgown and watching this ridiculous Gong Show act from the 70s.


Someone commented that this lady, name of Judith Ann, was high on cocaine.  I don't know if she was, but I would not be surprised based on her "enthusiasm".  Another person commented that her pants are so tight he can "read her lips"!  I miss the 70s...  but this song sucks!  I'd love to know where it came from.

I talked to my mom yesterday,  who told me that she's going to move out of her apartment at some point.  She got on a waiting list for a place in Durham, North Carolina, which is a lot closer to my eldest sister's home in Chapel Hill.  Although Mom has a beautiful view and a nice place to live, the apartment has become prohibitively expensive and the place apparently isn't run very well.  The building was once a grand hotel and is very beautiful, but it has a lot of maintenance issues.  And they also keep raising the rent.

I am grateful that my mom is so independent and pragmatic.  She makes her own decisions.  I'm not sure when she's moving; it could be years.  But she is making plans to go, which would mean I would no longer have any family living in the area where I grew up.  I will always have a lot of friends there, though.

Bill's mom is having a partial hip replacement this week.  She's nervous about the surgery, but is very healthy and independent.  She has a few friends helping her in Texas.  Hopefully, all will go well and she'll get to come see us in a few months.  Maybe she can even take Bill's place on my cruise to Northern Ireland in September, if it turns out Bill can't go.

As for me...  well, I am eagerly planning our weekend trip to Italy.  We're leaving Thursday and bringing the dogs with us.  Hopefully, it'll go well and we won't get trapped down there again.

I suppose I'll get dressed and walk the dogs.  Later on, I'll gear up to call Hebridean Island cruises and pay off the trip that I hope we'll still be able to take in a few months.  I know... first world problems.


This is a really dark photo because the sun hadn't yet risen.  Arran wishes Bill luck...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.