Thursday, May 11, 2017

Dog fur incident gets hairy...

Some people in the local community really need to a get a hobby.  They have entirely too much time on their hands.

A few days ago, I wrote about how things blew up in a local dog related Facebook group.  Someone complained about a member of the community leaving their husky's shedded dog hair in the dog park.  I'm not sure what the big deal was about that.  Was the person upset because she considered it litter?  Was she upset because she's allergic to dog hair?  I don't know.  But things got really heated and a bunch of people got booted from the group.  Then, the booted folks made their own dog group.

We all thought that was the end of it.  Unfortunately, it wasn't.  The person whose hair was left in the dog park confessed that her dog was the culprit.  Then, the aggrieved spouse who was upset about the dog hair apparently complained to the husky owner's husband's boss.  So now, the dog owner's husband's boss is involved in a ridiculous incident that had nothing to do with the husband or the boss... and really never should have turned into an incident beyond Facebook (and really not even there).

I don't know of any other profession where a person's spouse can call up another person's spouse's boss and complain about shit they're doing in a housing area.  I'm sure it's worst in places abroad where a lot of people are disgruntled about being forced to live in communal housing, but it also happens stateside.  When I lived at Fort Belvoir, some crazy bitch came over and yelled at Bill because he did a sloppy job cleaning up after our dog, Flea.  He missed one of Flea's turds.  This bitch came over, banged on our door, and proceeded to shriek at Bill.  She threatened to call the MPs because it was a violation of "regulations" right after she said she wanted to shoot people who didn't clean up after their dogs.  It's a good thing she didn't get me at the door because I would have asked her what she thought the MPs would find more interesting... a stray piece of dog shit or a woman threatening to shoot someone on government property?

I'm sure these kinds of incidents are annoying to the bosses, too.  Like they don't have enough work to do?  It just seems like a lot of needless drama to me and people not acting like adults.  It's stories like this one that make me really glad Bill is retired.  Of course, now we're waiting to find out if we're going to get to stay here or not.  That's a pain in the ass, too.

Sometimes these bored spouses stir up needless shit and end up with more than they bargained for.  I have a feeling the woman whose husband got in trouble over their dog's hair may go ahead and take some action herself.  I guess I wouldn't blame her if she did.



2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if this plot would fit more seamlessly in SEINFELD or MARY HARTMAN, MARY HARTMAN.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.