Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Sometimes it snows in April...

And, in fact, that is what is happening right now.  Some of it has actually stuck to the trees and ground.  Later, it's supposed to rain.  I guess that means I'll be staying in and making some music today.  I like to do that when it rains.

We still don't know where we're going to be three months from now.  Bill is confident he will competitive for one of the jobs offered by the new company taking over his contract.  If he's not competitive there, we could end up in another German state.  Instead of being close to France, we'd be close to the Czech Republic.  That wouldn't be a bad thing, except for all that goes into a move.  I just don't want to do it.

While I don't love our house, we have good landlords.  That, in and of itself, is an awesome thing in Germany.  While we have been lucky both times we've lived here, plenty of people we know have not.  I would rather live in a house I don't love than have shitty landlords.  We also live in a nice neighborhood with very kind and understanding neighbors who don't give us a lot of shit about our dogs.

Also, I hate the idea of having to go find new places to get the usual services...  a new vet, a new dentist, a new optometrist (which I really need to do even if we stay here)...  I suspect I'll need a doctor at some point, too.  It's easier to do all of that in the Stuttgart area.

I just fucking hate moving.  I don't want to do it yet.  So my fingers are crossed that Bill will stay with the new company for at least another year or two.  Then, I suspect we'll be ready to go back to the States.  Or maybe somewhere else.

We could end up in Italy, too.  There are jobs there that Bill can do.  I love visiting Italy, though I'm not sure I want to live down there.  It's a bit chaotic and the air quality is not the best.  On the other hand, the food and wine are amazing and most Italians are lovely people.  Or we could go to Hawaii at some point, though I don't want to try to do that move with dogs.

Really, what I think I'd like to do is find a nice medium sized town to settle down in, buy a house with a generous plot of land, get myself a horse or two, and enjoy living somewhere I know I can stay indefinitely.  For now, I guess I'll just sit here and watch the snow and contemplate life.



Well, it's pretty, I guess...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.