Monday, March 6, 2017

Worms...

So...  I can already tell it's gonna be one of them days...

I didn't sleep very well last night because of a discovery I made yesterday while sitting with Arran.  We were watching TV and I happened to glance over at his hindquarters.  There, I saw something I hadn't seen in many years.  There were two wriggling, slimy, worm segments under Arran's tail.

My guess is that my sweet Arran somehow picked up a tapeworm while out on one of his many walks in the fields near our house.  He will eat anything he can get to, despite my best efforts.  I have also stopped giving the dogs Frontline because it's winter and because it's a rather toxic process.  It only takes one infected flea to pass on tapeworms and I guess Arran got ahold of one.  So now I have to go back to the vet and get some medicine... probably for both dogs.

Bill and I spent yesterday making videos of him brewing beer and using his new Christmas toy, the Anova Precision Cooker.  I will probably put them on YouTube once they're finished.

I'm so grossed out about seeing those worm segments.  I'm also freaked out about Zane and his issues...  Fucking Mondays...

Edited to add... I have to wait until tomorrow to get the boys in for a cure.  Ick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.