Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Tranny panties...

Yesterday, I found myself doing a little online impulse shopping.  First, I bought a couple of towels and a new duvet, which I've actually been wanting for awhile now.  The duvet we use right now has been loved a lot and is about ready for retirement.  Ditto for the towels.  I bought two new ones last year and the one I use regularly is wearing out.

I've hesitated buying a new duvet because European beds are not like U.S. beds.  I even toyed with getting a split duvet, but realized that would probably make sleeping with the dogs problematic.  Zane likes to burrow and probably wouldn't get the coverage he wants with a split duvet.  Anyway, yesterday I decided to pull the trigger and try out an online store I have never used before.

I found these new items on a site called URBANARA (don't know why they put it in all caps).   I thought it was a British site, since the Web address is British and I paid them in British sterling.  It turns out the company is based in Berlin.  So, within hours of placing the order, it was already on its way to me.  I should be getting it today, which is a good thing since I have to sign for it.  We are staying in a hotel in Stuttgart for the next couple of nights because we have tickets to see Sting in concert tomorrow.

After I bought my new linens, I moved on to underwear.  I didn't actually buy any undies yesterday because there is a specific kind I like.  You see, I have a big beer gut, so I don't like wearing briefs or anything that sits high on my waist.  I find that when I have high waisted underwear and I need to bend over, it ends up rolling down, which is very annoying.  I actually prefer bikinis or hipsters, underwear that sits just at the hip.  Unfortunately, the people who make underwear seem to think that if you wear over a certain size, you can't wear bikinis or hipsters.  There are, however, a couple of companies who make underwear that I like.  Alas, yesterday, they were out of stock.

I started looking around on Amazon.com to see what other underwear they had there and I ran across an interesting ad.  Warner's has an underwear ad featuring a woman who appears to be extremely thin.  But, even more interesting is the fact that the "woman" doesn't actually appear to be a woman on account of her very large, manlike hands.  Seriously... check out the big hands, veins, and body hair on that model.  If I didn't know better, I'd swear that model is biologically male, albeit one with a very well hidden package or perhaps post surgery.

I shared the photo on Facebook, but when you share it, another picture comes up.  It looks like the same model in a slightly more flattering pose.  The few friends who commented also said that the model's hands are unusually "mannish".  One person commented that the model looked like a meth addict.

Now... I have nothing at all against transgendered people.  I just question why a company would use a model who appears to be male in an ad for women's underwear.  Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but couldn't they have found someone who looks more feminine?  Even if they found another transgendered person who had slightly more flesh and less prominent hands and veins?  Failing that, couldn't they have done more editing of the photo so that it didn't look like a cadaver selling underpants?  How about a little airbrushing?

That picture did not make me want to purchase the product.  Looking around on Amazon, I see that other companies have used models who are clearly female with a bit more flesh on their bodies.  I think those ads are more attractive and they're probably more successful.

Moving on...

My Facebook discussion about the girls who were kicked off United Airlines continued yesterday as more people woke up in the USA.  One thing I noticed on that particular thread were that several people mentioned that the girls were flying on buddy passes.  Can I just say that I find it really annoying when people comment without reading what has already been established?

Seriously...  I know I'm cranky because I'm ragging, but how hard is it to take a minute or two to see if your point has already been made before you offer "more information"?  Maybe I'm just unusually sensitive to these things, like I am when someone plays harmonica over another person's vocals.  It's akin to chiming in on someone's conversation.  I am especially irritated when a person actually admits to not reading by saying, "I didn't read the comments, but..."

Well... if you aren't going to read the comments, what makes you think anyone cares what you have to say?  After all, you didn't care enough to read what they wrote, right?  When you take that attitude, you send the message that your time is more important than other people's.  That's not cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.