Saturday, March 4, 2017

Sleepwalking...

I think I did it last night.  After watching several hours of the new version of Dallas, I took a couple of Advil PMs and went to bed.  Several hours later, I woke up on the futon in the big room I use as my office.  I have no idea how I got there.  I can only surmise that I woke up to pee or maybe check on Arran, who sometimes sleeps on the futon, and decided to lie down.

Oddly enough, I was actually pretty comfortable on the futon.  We slept on it for a few nights when we first moved into our house and it was a very tight squeeze for Bill, me, and the dogs.  I remember not being able to wait until the bed got to us.  It did... and generally I prefer to sleep there.

Anyway, I guess tonight I better go easy on the pharmaceuticals.  It's a good thing I didn't try to go down the stairs.  Otherwise, I might have had a Notfall.

A few years ago, when we lived in North Carolina, Bill was really exhausted one night.  I was reading a book and he fell asleep.  He got up at some point needing to go to the bathroom.  Unfortunately, he mistook our laundry hamper for the toilet.  I had to yell at him a couple of times to wake him up enough so he didn't piss all over our clothes.  That would have been a big Notfall!


2 comments:

  1. Wow. It surprises me that Advil PM had that strong an effect on you. I've only taken it wonce because I'm supposed to avoid NSAIDs but i needed it once when I'd taken all the acetaminophen my body was supposed to have and developed a serious headache. it didn't make me a bit sleepy. Your body is probably relatively drug-naive, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took more than usual that night. It normally just puts me to sleep.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.