Thursday, March 2, 2017

Kellyanne Conway, double amputee...


I didn't make this, but I couldn't resist sharing it.

Yesterday's big Facebook discussion was about Kellyanne Conway's decision to kneel on a couch in the Oval Office.  She was wearing her shoes and her knees were spread in a rather indiscreet way.  I noticed that God, a hilarious humor page on Facebook, had shared a smite of her.  I decided to share it as well and a rather lively discussion ensued.

Normally, I would be one of the last people in the world to get up in arms about something like this.  I am not exactly the classiest person myself.  However, Conway's decision to put her feet on the sofa and sit there were her legs spread did strike me as very inappropriate.  Having been around Washington types, I know that image is very important.  Hell, Mr. Trump himself has reportedly indicated that he prefers his female staffers to dress like ladies.  Shouldn't he expect them to sit like ladies, too?

A few people on my Facebook page wrote that this wasn't a big deal.  In the grand scheme of things, maybe it isn't-- except that it just highlights how lacking in polish the Trump administration is.  While Conway's decision to sit like that isn't exactly earth shattering, it does indicate that she either isn't thinking about or simply doesn't care how she comes across to others.  And this kind of petty stuff also gives Trump bashers all the more reason to be disparaging.  

It's very easy to sit properly.  Most youngsters learn how to do that before they finish elementary school.  And even if Conway was simply trying to get a better camera angle, as some apologists have explained, I would think that she could have at least put her knees together so she wasn't giving that room full of men a direct beaver shot.  No one wants to see (or smell) your goodies, Kellyanne.

A few other people mentioned that Obama put his feet on his desk.  Well... here's the thing.  From what I understand, Obama did that during an informal moment with his staff, not while he was entertaining dignitaries.  And he was the president, so it was his office and his house.  While it may not have been a good thing for him to put his feet on the desk, I think it was more appropriate for him to do that than Kellyanne Conway.  She was presumably on duty and, again, wearing a short dress.  I hope someone kept the pussy grabber at bay.

You'd think someone of Ms. Conway's advanced age would know better.  But then, she also wore that hideous Gucci monstrosity to the inauguration, so there you go.





2 comments:

  1. I cannot for the life of me figure out why Trump employs Kellyanne Conway. She's basically one blooper after another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... Trump is no shining star of propriety, either.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.