Thursday, March 30, 2017

I'm still one lucky bitch...

Two years ago, I wrote a blog post about gay black guys who were having trouble finding people to date.  They were sad that they couldn't find love.  I could sort of understand where they were coming from because it took me forever to find my husband.  I thought I was going to be an old maid.

Two years ago, I recognized how good I have it.  I still have it good.  In fact, I have it even better now than I did then.  Not a day goes by that I don't think about my good fortune and wonder how I got so lucky.

I had to endure my share of heartache to get to where I am.  So did Bill.  And Bill had it much worse than I did.  I guess, if I'm trying to say something with this post, it's that sometimes you have to go through a lot of storms to see rainbows.  We're enjoying some rainbows now.  I'm having a lot more fun in my forties than I did in my twenties.

So... to anyone reading this thinking life isn't fun and that there are a bunch of jerks out there...  take a deep breath and look around.  Sometimes you can find love in the strangest of places.




2 comments:

  1. i would be happy to be even one-half as lucky in love as you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend hanging out in chat rooms in dark places. ;)

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.