Thursday, February 2, 2017

The slow clap guy...

Yesterday, I posted a meme comparing Kim Davis, the Kentucky clerk who refused to issue marriage licenses to gay couples, to Sally Yates, the former acting attorney general, who refused to uphold Donald Trump's ban on allowing citizens from seven predominantly Muslim countries into the United States.

When I post these things, I guess I expect I'll get comments.  I do have friends from all walks of life and political persuasions.  There are a few people, mostly men, who like to argue "to the death".  I don't usually mind the debates as long as they don't drag on for hours or get too nasty.

Last night, several of these guys got into it over the meme I posted.  A couple of them are very liberal and a couple of them are very conservative.

I woke up this morning feeling kind of crummy, so I was probably in the midst of coming down with something last night.  Even though I was very hungry when Bill got home, I only ate half my dinner because I lost my appetite.  My tolerance for long ass debates on my Facebook page may not have been what it usually is.

At one point, I invited two of my friends to befriend each other and take their discussion elsewhere.  I actually think they'd get along very well.  Both are beer lovers and both are veterans.  They seem to share similar views.  It wouldn't be the first time people befriended each other after hanging out on my Facebook page.

There's always one guy, though... that one guy who shows up late to the party and doesn't read everything before he starts spouting off.


He's not unlike the guy who slow claps at the wrong moment...

That happened last night.  The thread was slowly dying down after I pretty much said I'd had enough.  The slow clap guy showed up and started posting long responses to other comments.  I commented back, trying to let him know that the discussion was over.  But he didn't read my comments because he was too busy spouting off his own.  It took well over an hour before he saw that I had posted this...


I do love me some Patrick Starfish...

After several very long pot stirring posts from him, I wrote, "Jesus Christ!  Do you fuck like you argue?  Give it a rest!"

He came back with a comment that he hadn't seen my other posts.  Naturally, he hadn't.  He was too busy composing his own brilliant arguments for the peanut gallery.


But he probably feels like this sometimes...

I probably wouldn't write about this if it weren't a consistent problem.  The guy is nice enough, but just needs to chill out sometimes.  I know it's effort to read all of the responses in a long Facebook thread, but I wish people would take a moment to do that before they chime in.  

I woke up this morning with a somewhat productive hacking cough (that has been coming on for the past few days).  It was violent enough to make me throw up.  I feel a little tired, but otherwise not too bad.  I may be getting sick, though, which means the vacuuming probably won't get done.  Bill said, "That's okay."  Of course it is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.