Sunday, February 12, 2017

My husband, the good egg...

Ever heard of someone referred to as a "good egg"?  I'm not sure where that expression came from.  Maybe Willy Wonka?  Although I never did see that film.  Bill has seen it lots of times.

Anyway, this morning, I was fretting over Zane because he's been farting a lot.  Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal, except it's a sign of histamine overload.  Since he has mast cell disease, histamine overload is not a good development.  I was worried and proposed to Bill that perhaps it was time we started making Zane's food.  I bought Bill an Instant Pot for Christmas and this project could be one way to use it.

Bill was telling me about how much he's enjoyed using the Instant Pot, especially for cooking hard boiled eggs.  Every day, he makes himself breakfast and lunch.  It's always healthy and often neatly packed in a Bento Box.  Lately, he's been bringing along hard boiled eggs, which come out perfectly with the Instant Pot and are very easy to peel.

As he was telling me about this, I was watching his face and listening to him explain how his work buddies tease him for the sulfur egg farts that can come in the wake of eating hard boiled eggs.  And I just blurted out, "God, I love you."

"What brought that on?" he asked.

And I said, "I just love listening to you talk about your eggs... A lot of guys are immature and snarky, but here you are taking good care of yourself and me.  Not a mean bone resides in your body.  You're just such a nice, loving, caring person and I feel lucky to be with you."

He smiled and I noticed how beautifully blue his eyes were in the morning sun.  "I can get snarky, you know."

I do know... but even when he's snarky, he's such a sweetheart.  And he feels bad when he gets short with people.  He has a bit of an overdeveloped sense of shame, as do I (about some things).  I still can't believe he's in my life.  He's definitely a good egg.


I don't have this problem.

Right now, he's walking the dogs and later, he's going to clean up the guest room for his mom, (you betcha) who is coming next week.


He's not quite Long Duk Dong, though...

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's an appliance that does seven different things. It's a pressure cooker, yogurt maker, slow cooker, etc.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.