Tuesday, February 21, 2017

It's just a cake...

I ripped off this photo from Facebook.  It's been around awhile.  Last year, I shared it on my timeline and got a lot of disgusted comments from people.  Because I like to be provocative sometimes, I also shared it this year...


If this is yours and you want me to remove it, let me know...  But I won't remove it just because it's gross looking.  I have a point to make.

At first blush, this photo is shocking.  The "baby cake" is very realistic looking and it looks like you're hacking up an actual infant.  I will admit, I was grossed out when I first saw this cake.  A lot of my friends were actually angry to see it.

However...  if you stop and think about it, this is actually a really amazing creation.  And it is really just a cake.  You're not hacking up a baby.  You're hacking up someone's artistry.  At least they had the decency not to use strawberry or raspberry filling.

I still probably wouldn't eat this if someone served it to me.  It's disturbing and weird.  However, I admire the creativity that went into this... even if it kind of ranks up there with the tasteless Cake Wreck I wrote about a few years ago.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.