Thursday, February 9, 2017

Feeling better today... thank God!

Although I'm still a bit fatigued and the coughing hasn't totally stopped, I'm feeling better than I did yesterday.  I got a lot of sleep last night, which helped.  The dogs had a very energetic walk this morning, which was nice to see.  Zane was in very good spirits and ran most of the way.  At one point, he even picked up a stick and carried it part of the way.  I love to see him feeling happy and frisky, like his old self.  It gives me hope that he'll be around awhile longer.

Today would have been my dad's 84th birthday.  I caught myself thinking about him last night.  It's still hard to believe he's been gone since 2014.  A funny memory came up on Facebook today.  I posted this in 2011.

And here's another tidbit... my dad actually asked me if I was doing any pole dancing at the local officer's club... I told him that no one-- not even Bill-- wants to see me doing anything like that...

At the time, my dad was suffering from pretty significant dementia that somehow brought out a comical side.  Although we had a complicated history and I didn't always like him, I did always love him.  And now that he's been gone a couple of years, I try to remember the best parts of him.  He was, at his core, a very decent person.

I don't have much to say today that doesn't involve topics most readers are probably tired of by now...   I did read an interesting article the other day about a black guy in Manhattan who got pissed off when his neighbor left him a nastygram about noise he made in the middle of the night.  The neighbor had threatened to call the police, which really upset the noisemaker, who immediately threw out the race card.  

Personally, I didn't see anything racist about the initial note.  If I were living under someone who made a shitload of noise at 2:00am, I'd be upset, too.  But I guess I can also see how a person of color might feel threatened when someone says they'll call the police.  On the other hand, the guy who made the threat had never met his neighbor and evidently didn't know he was black.  And even if he did know, he has the right to peace and quiet... and based on the guy's over the top reaction to the note, maybe a direct confrontation wouldn't have been so good.  

I don't know...  Makes me glad I don't live in an apartment anymore.  Hope I never have to again.  I think if I received the black guy's very verbose and affected response, I'd be beyond offended.  No one should abuse the English language with such pretentiousness.  What an asshole.

I'd write more about this, but I'm hongry-- not hungry, hongry-- and I need a shower.  So toodles to you.  Maybe I'll be back later.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.