Friday, January 13, 2017

Deal with it...

I am so tired of people saying "deal with it" in the wake of this election.  What gives one person the right to say "deal with it" to another person?  I think it's the height of rudeness.  If someone's bitching bothers you that much, it's probably best to simply walk away.  Telling them to "deal with it" is probably not going to get you the results you seek.  In fact, it'll probably make things worse.

I had an argument last night with an old friend of mine, who said he was upset about all the political bickering.  I can understand being upset about politics.  The election was a total cluster fuck and I am pretty sure that if Hillary Clinton had won, there would be just as much bitching if not more.  But as tiresome as arguing about politics is, it's really not right to tell someone to shut up about it.  People are understandably upset.  And perhaps, to them, "dealing with it" means talking about it or even bitching about it for awhile.  You don't have the right to tell them when they need to "get over it".  People will get over it when they start to feel secure again.  That may not be anytime soon.

My best advice to those who are tired of hearing people bitch about Trump is...  "deal with it".  People are going to bitch and it'll probably go on for as long as that man is president.  In fact, as bad as it was when George W. Bush was president, it'll probably be far worse when Trump is in office.  He takes inappropriate, narcissistic, belligerent behavior to an art form and he is an embarrassment to many American people.  But even though that's my best advice, I would never actually say that to someone unless they said it to me first.  Despite some people's opinions, I'm not that rude.

My friend and I had it out last night.  I was pretty upset with him because I felt he was behaving in a passive aggressive way.  He did not expressly tell me something was wrong, but did some things indicating that something was upsetting him.  I had to confront him.  And it made me sad because I've known him since we were 18 years old.  It's stupid to fight over politics, but it's also wrong to tell people what they can and can't say, especially in their "home".

Anyway...  I'm getting ready to go to France.  It's cold, snowy, and windy, but I'm more than ready to get out of here for a few days.  Hopefully, it'll be a good time for us all.




2 comments:

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.