Sunday, January 8, 2017

Asshole radar...

The older I get, the better I am at spotting assholes.  Unfortunately, it comes from having had many close encounters with them over the years.  After awhile, you develop a type of radar that makes it easy to see asshole behavior.  I have also noticed that I no longer have the tolerance for assholes that I once had.

In less than two weeks, there will be an asshole leading the United States.  Granted, he's not the first asshole who has been president, but I do think his behavior thus far has been the most egregiously assholistic.  I have a few friends and family members who keep defending him.  I suppose it makes them feel better to do that.  Many folks reassure me that they aren't Trump supporters, but they don't think "the sky is falling".

For the record, I don't think the sky is falling either.  I do think it's a disgrace that a man who makes such blatantly offensive comments about people and acts in a completely self-serving way will end up in the position of power that Trump will soon be in.  He may surprise us and do a good job, but I don't have high hopes.  To me, he appears to be the very epitome of a malignant narcissist.  Malignant narcissists are NOT good people.

It truly makes me sad that Donald Trump was allowed by the American people to get to where he is right now.  We should have had better choices in 2016.  

2 comments:

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.