Tuesday, December 6, 2016

What do you make of this?

I may be inviting bad karma by writing about this, but what the hell.  It's either this or another post about my near panic level anxiety, which I'm sure most regular readers are sick of reading about by now.  So here goes.

Three years ago, I found out my one time best friend had done some very hurtful things that caused me to disassociate with her.  I was very upset about what I learned, since I had known this woman since we were both eight years old.  I spent whole weeks at her house when we were growing up.  I met her grandparents and her great grandmother.  I also knew her father, who died in 1997.  She was the maid of honor at my wedding.

Anyway... I wrote about what happened back when it happened and don't want to rehash it now.  Those who are interested in the backstory can click here for the old posts.

I wouldn't be writing about this ex friend of mine except her name came up the other day when I was looking through old Facebook posts.  She had left a comment on a post I wrote maybe five or so years ago.  For some reason, when you block someone on Facebook, it doesn't erase their old posts.  It also shows them updated.  So I noticed that she had changed her profile picture to one displaying her daughter's face.  I also noticed that she was no longer hyphenating her last name.  That made me think perhaps there might be some trouble in paradise.

Now... this former friend of mine should have been celebrating her ninth wedding anniversary on the first of December.  For all I know, she did celebrate with her husband.  But the name change is a bit curious.  She had previously had a picture of her husband in her profile picture.

I decided to do a little sleuthing.  I went looking for her husband on Facebook and found him.  He has many public pictures of their daughter posted and plenty of selfies.  But there is not one photo of my ex friend, nor does he list her as his spouse.  Naturally, I wouldn't see posts from her, because I have her blocked.  But I am left with the impression that perhaps something's up.

Well... it's not my business.  I don't go looking for information about her as a general rule.  I don't care enough about her to keep track of what she's doing.  But I did notice she's no longer hyphenating... and I find that observation rather intriguing.

I'm sure it'll come up eventually from someone who knows us both.  I learned the hard way that news has a way of making the rounds, even if you don't want to hear it.






3 comments:

  1. Isn't it a bit of a relief to be merely curious about this but not to genuinely care about it? I found it to be true when I learned of drama concerning someone from my past with whom I chose to cut ties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. It does sound like trouble in paradise, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup. Knowing her as well as I do, it wouldn't surprise me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.