Saturday, December 10, 2016

So glad I don't wait tables anymore...


This was posted by The Angry Bartender last night...

I'm happy to report that nothing like this ever happened when I used to wait tables.  I did have more than one person tell me that if I "treated them right" they'd "treat me right".  Let me just say from experience that anytime someone says that to you, it's a sure bet they're gonna be cheap.

Anyway, I read this story posted by a narcissistic creep who gets his jollies teasing wait staff with five singles and it made me want to puke.  I shared it among friends and tagged one of my sisters, who like all of us Tolley girls, has been a waitress.  This particular sister is snarkier than I'll ever be.  And her comment was this...

I just saw that I was tagged in this conversation and here's my one and only comment: People should remember, never (and I mean NEVER) mess with a person who is HANDLING your food....

My sister did come back and say she was kidding!

She's right, of course.  And anyone out there admiring what the dick in the above picture did ought to stop and think for a moment about what your shenanigans might lead to.  It's not a good idea to screw with someone who is handling your food.  You never know what might happen.

I will say that I never once ever tampered with anyone's food.  The thought never occurred to me.  However, had I waited tables much longer, I might have gone there.  Sometimes people are true shitheads.  And the person who posted this is one of those people who probably deserves a loogie in his fettuccini.

Just sayin'...



2 comments:

  1. I've never waited tables. I almost feel deprived by virtue of not having experienced it. My brother has done a bit of it, though he can only do it very rarely because of the demands of med school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned a lot from that job, but I can't say I enjoyed it, mainly because of people like the guy who was teasing his server with dollar bills.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.