Sunday, November 13, 2016

Loving Ireland... but struggling with relaxation

Seriously, this place is wonderful.  The people so far have been funny and friendly.  I will be writing about our experiences so far on my travel blog, but I wanted to update the main blog for those who only follow it.

I've been struggling with trying to relax since we got here.  While it's never good to hear your beloved pooch has mast cell cancer, it's especially shitty when it happens right before a much anticipated trip.  The vet did not seem too grim about Zane, but she hasn't done a lot of testing to see what his overall health status is.  It's so foreign compared to the way most American vets are.  In a way, I don't think it's bad to be less aggressive.  In another way, it makes me feel like shit.  I wish I had been more insistent about getting that bump tested and removed.  Lesson learned.

This is the fourth time one of my dogs has had a cancer diagnosis.  One of the four times, it turned out to be not such a big deal (at least so far).  Arran had the one bump and is fine since then, 16 months hence.  Zane may have more issues than Arran has had.  I will just have to do what I can to keep him as well as possible for as long as possible.  We'll hope for the best.

Now... I have written all I really ought to write about Zane right now.  The truth is, I feel like I've been needing to take this trip for a long time.  Ireland has been on my bucket list for years.  I'm here with the man I love and we're celebrating 14 successful years of marriage.  It's time to try to relax and put it in God's hands... at least for now.  There's nothing I can do at the moment, even if I feel like I should do something.

So...  I'll stop with this post for now and head to the travel blog, so I can write about what's been going on in Ireland.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.