Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Newsflash... Twiggy can sing!

British model Twiggy's heyday was long before I had any sense.  I know her best from QVC and America's Next Top Model, where she was a judge for a few cycles.  Today, while searching for a long lost tampon ad from 1990, I ran across Twiggy performing an interesting ditty with The Muppets.  Have a gander at this!


Well damn... I guess she's not just a pretty face!

As a kid, I was a big fan of The Muppet Show, but I don't remember seeing Twiggy's episode.  Even if I had, I probably wouldn't have remembered it because I truly didn't know who she was until she was teamed up with Tyra Banks.  But I must admit, she's cute in these performances.


Here she is covering "In My Life" by The Beatles. 


And doing a little acting, too...

It occurs to me that I probably should have put this on my music blog, but I was just a bit intrigued by this bit of nostalgia.  I see according to Wikipedia, she's done a lot of singing over the years.  Why didn't I know about this?  On another note, I really miss the Muppets.  I'm glad I got to grow up during their heyday.  




  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.