Sunday, July 24, 2016

Government efficiency...

The other day, Bill got a nastygram from the Veteran's Administration.


Yep.  91 cents.  And they want their money NOW, dammit.

Last week, we also got a refund check from the IRS for overpayment of our 2014 taxes.  Wanna guess how much of a windfall that was?  $2.68.  Of course, there was neither interest nor late fees applied to that refund.  The government sure is a trip.  I wonder how many man hours it took to generate the above automated letter.  Reminds me of the time I got a phone bill from college that was less than the postage it took to send the bill in the mail.

I'm kind of tired today, so I don't have the desire to write a long blog post.  I don't have much to say today, anyway.  I'm just sitting here watching old episodes of Trapper John, MD on YouTube.  The 70s and 80s were full of corny TV shows.  The medical shows were especially funny, since they were almost always starring "brilliant" and handsome doctors who cared a lot about their patients.

Trapper John, MD always had kind of a kinky quality to it.  I can think of at least three or four episodes where patients were either tied to the beds or strongly persuaded to stay in the hospital.  I've never had to stay in a hospital before, at least not as an adult, but I doubt the experience bears any resemblance to what is depicted on TV.  Not that I ever plan on finding out for myself.  

I think I'm too tired to do much of anything but be a couch potato today.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.