Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The evolution of news...

Bear with me, folks.  This is going to be another one of my nonsense postings.

A week ago, my Facebook feed was littered with diatribes about Brock Turner, the Stanford rapist.  This week, it's all about Orlando, Muslims, and shootings.  Interspersed between those events was the shooting of Christina Grimmie, a talented 22 year old singer who had been a standout on The Voice.

Last week, I was preoccupied by the story of Connie Foster, a Mormon mom who killed herself and her two kids.  This week, I'm thinking of other things.  I can't say I'm thinking much about Orlando because I think I've become almost desensitized to shooting rampages.  But yeah, things that used to be news for a long time are now getting a lot less airtime because there's so much more availability of news now than there used to be.  You can pick and choose what you want to be outraged about, then go on Facebook and write a manifesto about your feelings.  Never in the history of the world has there been a more effective platform for people to air their feelings.

I mainly try to keep my manifestos to this blog, which rarely gets read by people who know me personally.  I'm actually surprised anyone reads this blog, although I am the queen of finding obscure talent, especially on YouTube.  This is real reality TV.

A couple of years ago, I found this person's YouTube channel...

   

I find her interpretation of The Can Can very inspirational. 

Honestly, I think I should just spend my days watching YouTube instead of hanging out on Facebook.  It's not uncommon for me to find some truly hilarious stuff there that doesn't upset or annoy me.  Like, for instance, this video about a landlady who calls the police because her tenant is insulting her.


I guess insulting people is a crime in some places.  According to the comments, they're in Washington State.

Actually, the above video just makes me want to buy a house.  I would be super pissed off if my landlady did shit like this.  I'd probably end up being in trouble for pushing her out of the way.  What a bitch.  She has no right to detain that guy.

Or I can find funny songs like this one...


*Sigh*... The world today is absolutely crackers.

I guess this counts as another one of my non-sensical posts.  I'm in kind of a funk today.  Yesterday morning, I took a two hour nap to make up for waking up at 4:30 and feeling all anxious about stuff.  My boob still aches, today.  However, I'm feeling slightly less freaked out about Zane and his lump and Arran's toe looks like it could be on the mend.  I have to go to Stuttgart for dental impressions today so that I'll have my new tooth next month.  And then, maybe Bill will drag me by my hair to the doctor's office for a mammogram.  I told him last night that I have to die sometime, and he raised his eyebrows and said he'd rather I die later.  What a charmer he is.  ;-)

Anyway, I'll probably read more news today, although the guy that does The Oatmeal comic strip kind of said it best...






2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize the can can video was still available. it brings bad warm and fuzzy memories. I found a couple of blog posts from early 2016 but nothing more recent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. It makes one wonder what she's up to today.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.