Friday, June 3, 2016

The Crockpot Crackpot...

Here's a funny story about life in Germany among military folks.  Yesterday, someone in one of the local Facebook community groups posted a request for crockpots.  In her original post, she specifically wrote that she was looking to purchase used crockpots of a certain brand, but she did not mention being unwilling to purchase a brand new crockpot.  Some helpful lady came along and suggested Amazon.de.  I seconded the suggestion, since that's where I managed to pick up a nice crockpot last year.

Next thing we know, the original poster has edited her post with an impassioned plea not to suggest Amazon.de or another online store.  She added that she knows how to shop online.  The post came across as a bit bitchy and snarky to me, so I commented that I was only trying to help.  Then I backed out of the thread.

Later in the day, the original poster came back with a rant admitting to being "bitchy", but not wanting to spend a lot of money on a crockpot.  I can understand that, but the people in our Facebook group are not mindreaders.  Unless you specifically tell us, how can we know what your specific crockpot budget is?    

I ended up venting about this post in another local group and one of the members explained that this particular community member has a catering business, which is why she wants cheap crockpots.  They live near each other and recently, there was a community yard sale.  The Crockpot Crackpot apparently went on a rampage, aggressively emailing people before the start of the sale and trying to arrange pre-sales of their crockpots, even though the people organizing the yard sale had expressly ruled there would be no pre-sales allowed.

The Crockpot Crackpot also purchased a crockpot with a UK plug that she claims is too small.  She's been trying to unload it in our local community.  Perhaps someone moving to England might be interested, but most folks in this part of Germany don't end up moving on to England.  I mean, I suppose it's possible, but fairly unlikely.  Maybe it would be more likely if she lived at Ramstein or Spangdahlem.  Hell, what do I know?

Anyway, we had a rather entertaining thread about the Crockpot Crackpot and one lady said she hoped Crockpot Karma would bite the Crockpot Crackpot in the ass and she wouldn't be able to sell the damn UK crockpot.

As for the original post, I decided to be a smartass and found a funny meme.



I guess if you're not of a certain age, you might not have seen this famous scene from the 80s...



I get it.  Sometimes Facebook is annoying.  But seriously, cut me some slack, Jack!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.