Monday, May 2, 2016

Mr. Bill is my shepherd...

I shall not want...

Just kidding.

But really, he is sort of my keeper.  He takes really good care of me, whether or not I want or need him to.  The other night, we went to a party.  It was a lot of fun.  There was a lot of good food and booze.  The weather was chilly, but not so cold that we couldn't be outside.  I didn't eat very much, but I did have several beverages, along with everyone else.

As the evening's festivities progressed, so did my state of inebriation.  After a couple of tequila shots, I was pretty much three sheets to the wind.  We went to use the bathroom and on the way down some steps, I tripped and fell, landing on my shoulder.  Apparently, I quickly got up.  I say that because I don't actually remember the fall, which is a real blessing.  I'm kind of paranoid about falling down steps.  Fortunately, all I got when I fell was a bruise, which I didn't even notice until Bill filled me in.

Anyway, Bill put his arm around me, guided me back to the gazebo where the party was going on, and we said our goodbyes.  At that point, he had determined that the party was over.  After we bid everyone goodnight, Bill put his arm around me again because apparently I wasn't walking in a straight line.  He guided me to the car, where I proceeded to play with my phone for about three minutes.  He finally got impatient and put the seatbelt on me because I was too distracted to do it myself.  We went home and I went right upstairs.  By the time Bill got to bed, I was sound asleep.

Naturally, I wasn't the only one at the party who was in such a state by the end.  I was pretty lucky, too, because aside from waking up thirsty and a little bruised, I was pretty much no worse for wear despite taking a fall.  One of my friends said Bill was so cute when he said goodnight.  We spent yesterday watching bad TV.  It was May Day yesterday, which is a German holiday.  Maybe it would have been better if we'd gone out, but I just wanted to relax for awhile.

I am really glad I married a kind man.  I overdid the tequila and took a spill, but instead of yelling at me like another guy did, he just calmly picked me up, checked me over, and took me home.

Today, I have to go to the dentist's office to have a little minor surgery.  The doctor is going to uncover my implant so I can prepare for the final product.  Although I don't look forward to the procedure, I do look forward to losing the big hole in my mouth.  Of course, Bill is going with me for that, too.  Next week, I have to go back, probably so any stitches can be removed and impressions can be made.  If all goes well, I'll have my new tooth by the summer.


This always reminds me of my Mr. Bill...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.