Friday, April 8, 2016

Days like these...

Spring is finally here in Germany.  The leaves are sprouting on the trees and the grass is green and lush.  The sun is shining and the air is crisp.  I actually feel like taking the dogs for a walk, which is more than I can say about yesterday.  Pretty soon, we'll be able to put the top down on my convertible and enjoy fresh clean breezes.  I enjoy this time of year, as long as I don't have too many issues with allergies.  Even though we just got back from a trip, I'm kind of wanting to go away for the weekend.

Maybe that outing I enjoyed yesterday will make me want to get out of the house more often during the week.  It was a lot of fun to see my friends in person and enjoy some good food.

Today has turned out to be busier than usual, hence the later blog posting.  I woke up, put together my new vacuum, and vacuumed the house.  I washed the sheets, a load of clothes, and am now washing the bathroom rugs.  I walked the dogs and gave them a dose of Frontline, which I hate to do because it seems so harsh.  Ticks have started to appear, though, and Zane has already had ehrlichia during his lifetime.  I'd rather avoid another case of that.

Later, I have to Skype PenFed in Virginia because I was trying to set up a new CD and entered the wrong phone number.  Because they couldn't send me a text, they locked me out of my account.  So now I have to call them and unblock it.  What a pain in the ass that is.

I'm discovering a song by Janis Ian called "Days Like These".  I don't know how I ended up buying her 1999 album God and the FBI.  It was probably another one of my drunken downloads.  Anyway, it's a pretty song and I'd like to learn it.  Maybe later, if I manage to record it, I'll post it... not that anyone cares about that.  It's a pretty song and I think I could probably sing it well.


Someone's upload of the original version of "Days Like These".

I like my new Dyson, though I'm still too lazy to vacuum thoroughly and properly.  But the new machine is easier to use and, at least for now, has more suck power.  Yes, it's true.  I am not a particularly good housewife.  I could be worse, though.  At least I get some things done.

Speaking of which... time to check the laundry.  Sorry this is a boring post.  Maybe later, I'll feel like posting something more interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Great song.

    We had to put Frontline on The Pope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ended up going out for steak last night.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.