Saturday, February 27, 2016

Stephanie Tanner's big knockers...

So yesterday, I decided to watch Fuller House, yet another reboot of an 80s era hit.  Everybody's been talking about this show.  I've seen lots of reviews of it and opinions have run the gamut.  I didn't like Full House that much, though I think I saw every episode.  It was just the kind of mindless drivel I could turn on and tune out on.  The original show was about a dad whose wife died in a car accident.  His brother in law and best friend moved into his San Francisco house and helped him raise his three daughters.  Kimmy Gibbler was the annoying next door neighbor who barged in whenever the mood struck.

The new show has D.J. Fuller, nee Tanner, moving into her dad's house after being widowed.  Her sister, Stephanie, and Kimmy Gibbler move in to help D.J. take care of her three sons.  The original show was very kid friendly.  The new show is a bit edgier, especially since Stephanie (Jodie Sweetin) is forever showing off her knockers.  They appear to be bolt ons.  John Stamos and Lori Loughlin still look fabulous, but Bob Saget has aged a lot.

To be honest, I was pretty sure Fuller House was going to suck donkey balls.  It's not as bad as I thought it would be.  One thing I don't like much is the obnoxious laugh track.  I thought those things had gone out of style.  Also the theme song sounds a bit auto tuned.  Naturally, there are lots of 80s and 90s references, which are fun for those of us who remember those days.  Interestingly enough, the storylines aren't as much about the kids like they were in the original.

Anyway... on the original show, Stephanie Tanner was a dancer.  On this show, I notice D.J. and Kimmy do more dancing.  I guess that makes some sense, since Candace Cameron Bure was on Dancing With The Stars.  Stephanie is a D.J. and (poor) singer.  And because she is a D.J., she's always wearing clothes that show off her big knockers.  Jodie Sweetin looks great, especially given her many real life trials to include a crystal meth addiction and three divorces.

I have seen a couple of people commenting that the new show is not really for kids.  I guess that makes sense, since a lot of the people watching are adults who liked the show when they were kids.  At least this reboot isn't like the many reboots of The Brady Bunch.  The last incarnation was The Bradys, which aired in 1990 and was a total disaster.  They took a goofy sitcom and tried to turn it into Thirtysomething and it turned out to be completely ridiculous.  Fuller House is still a silly sitcom, though it's not as corny and saccharine as the original.  Also, did anyone notice how dangerous it is to marry a Tanner?  Both Danny Tanner and D.J. Tanner lost their spouses young.  If I were dating a Tanner, I think I'd be extra careful.  Death seems to follow them and then they turn death into a sitcom!

Who knows?  Maybe Fuller House will take off.  But I bet a lot of people will tune in just so they can look at Stephanie Tanner's knockers.  They are massive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.