Sunday, January 10, 2016

Travel arrangements...

I've been making trip plans for our next cruise in March.  I booked our plane tickets this morning.  We'll be flying to Glasgow via Amsterdam, then back via Norwich in England via Amsterdam.  I was going to try to fly out of London, but realized that might be more trouble than it's worth.

Norwich is a regional airport not far from Suffolk, which is where I lived with my family when I was very young.   My dad's last Air Force assignment was at Mildenhall Air Force Base.  It's slated to close, so I want to visit.  I am planning to go down there after our Scottish cruise, perhaps stopping in Stoke-on-Trent on the way so we can see Avenue Q.  I'm not that excited about Stoke, but I do want to see that show.  Stoke has pottery, too.

The one thing that has Bill spooked is the prospect of renting a car.  There aren't any "motorways" in the area where we want to go.  Also, there's the prospect of trying to drive on the other side of the car and road.  It'll probably be very weird.

I also booked our first hotel room.  We're going to stay at the Carlton George hotel in Glasgow.  I usually like to try different hotels, but we stayed there last time we were in Glasgow and it's a nice place.  I upgraded us to an executive room, so we can have access to their lounge.

It'll be fun to visit England again.  Last time we were there was when we went to London in 2009 for a long weekend.  That was the weekend we withheld Bill's ex stepson's child support the first time after we found out he was changing his name behind Bill's back.  We had a great time in London and, I have to admit, it felt good to screw over Alex as he was screwing over Bill.  That was the beginning of some very positive changes for us.

We'll be gone for almost two weeks.  I wish we had a little more time, though.  If we stop in Stoke, we'll probably want to spend two nights and that may make visiting my old stomping grounds a little more rushed.

I'm giving some thought to just skipping Stoke and heading straight to Bury St. Edmunds.  But I do want to see that show in the worst way...  Hmmm... The great thing is that there's plenty to do.  I'm looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. I've been to Ireland but not to England, Scotland or Wales.i must do that soon. The trip sounds totally cool.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.