Monday, January 4, 2016

Random obscenities!

Yesterday, after taking down the Christmas trees, Bill and I decided to visit The Auld Rogue in Vaihingen.  Vaihingen is a Stuttgart suburb close to one of the military installations.  We hadn't been to The Auld Rogue in several months, though for awhile in 2014, we visited on a weekly basis.  As we were walking down the street to the Irish pub, a small black car approached.  Suddenly, the person in the passenger seat, a male who sounded German, leaned out the window and shrieked "Hey Fuckface!" at us.

At first, I didn't quite hear what the guy said.  I was confused and a little embarrassed.  But then we sat down at a table in the bar and Bill said, "I think that guy called us 'fuckface'."

I don't know why, but that made me laugh for about twenty minutes.  I literally couldn't stop giggling about it.  It was so random and odd.  We weren't doing anything to warrant such an outburst.  All we were doing was walking along the street to the bar.  I happened to be looking in a store window that had a bunch of baby dolls on display.  Suddenly, we get screamed at.  And I don't know if it was because we are Americans or because the guy who yelled at us is simply an idiot with no manners.  It was still pretty funny, though.  I definitely wasn't offended.

The music was great at The Auld Rogue yesterday, though there were people around us who seemed to think we all wanted in on their conversations.  I don't know why, but it seems like the older I get, the crankier I am when it comes to using an indoor voice.  Fortunately, The Auld Rogue has lots of libations on offer.  Hard to believe that when we moved to Stuttgart the first time, back in 2007, that place was a Greek restaurant.  I had my very first taste of dorade there.

We got some snow last night, but it's already melting.  I just went outside to dump the green bucket (for our bio waste-- banana peels, coffee grounds, egg shells, etc) and was sad to see how slushy the snow already is.  I predict it'll be gone in a couple of hours.  I guess it's a sign of what may come in future weeks, though it looks like this winter will be milder than last year's.

I guess it's time to get back on the German language wagon.  I'm glad the holidays are over and things can get back to normal.


Useful for quieting loud voices and recovering from random obscenities.




4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great pint of Guinness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes... we enjoyed some of that, too.

      Delete
  2. That was pretty bizarre and seemingly random. I, too, would have laughed. It's probably funnier if you're with someone when such a thing happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. It came out of nowhere. That kind of stuff happens to us a lot, though.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.