Friday, January 15, 2016

Hooligans...

By now, most of the world has heard about the crazy people, supposedly of Arabic, North African, and Middle Eastern descent, harassing girls and women in Germany.  Some of the reports have been very disturbing.  I haven't run into any problems with refugees yet, but there has been an uptick in crime locally.  A number of people in the American community have reported being burglarized.  I don't know who committed the crimes.  It could be just a coincidence.  But the increased criminal activity definitely has a lot of people on edge.

Bill told me one of his co-workers' daughters was recently harassed.  She was sitting in her dad's car, waiting for him to run an errand, when a bunch of young Middle Eastern males surrounded the car and stared at her.  They dispersed when her father came out, stared them down, and asked if they had a problem.  I think the guy was pretty big and strong, having served in special forces.  The youths wisely beat it when he showed up.

I think eventually, there is going to be a news story about these hoodlums messing with the wrong person and getting the ever loving shit beaten out of them.  I have to admit, I kind of look forward to that.  It's not that I'm a violent person.  It's just that Germany has been very generous in allowing people to escape brutal regimes and poor economies in other countries.  The least these folks could do is behave lawfully and show some respect for their hosts.

I think there are a number of reasons why this shit is happening now.  First off, from what I understand, the folks who have just come to Germany are not yet allowed to work.  They are supposed to be learning the language and culture and trying to assimilate.  They have a lot of free time on their hands and are likely bored.  A lot of them are also at their sexual peak and come from cultures where women aren't free to walk around uncovered from head to toe.  I imagine it's hard for them to deal with that.

Secondly, these folks are coming from a culture where if you are a guest, your host is supposed to indulge your whims.  I'm not sure they understand that Germans and other westerners have a different concept of what being a guest means.

Thirdly, my guess is that a lot of the guys who are doing this stuff think that western women are whores.  And they probably also think that whatever western people have, they can easily replace.  I know that's a "thing" in Africa.  They figure everyone is wealthy and sexually liberal, so they can just go hog wild.

I don't know...  people were already nervous about allowing Muslim refugees into Europe because there was the thought that maybe some bad guys would also be turned loose.  While I like to think that most of the people seeking asylum really do want and need help, I also know that dangerous people have also slipped through the cracks.  Unfortunately, that just comes with the territory.

I do think, though, that the hooligans who are screwing with German women are messing with a sleeping giant.  Eventually, they are going to get their asses handed to them.  Also, I have a feeling that the generous attitude many Europeans have toward folks from the Middle East is going to wither away with every new report of rape, assault, theft, or harassment.  Things are liable to get ugly.  It's a real shame, too.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.