Thursday, January 14, 2016

Chump don't want the help, chump don't get the help...

Last night, Bill tried to get Zane to haul his ass upstairs.  He was curled up on the couch, snoozing away and Bill figured he'd be happier in bed with the rest of us.  So he went downstairs to encourage Zane to join us.  Zane got up, repositioned himself, and went back to sleep.  So Bill said, "Chump don't want the help, chump don't get the help."  If you're my age or older, you'll probably get that reference with no problem.  If you're not, well...


"Jive ass dudes don't got no brains, anyhow..."

I've been watching WKRP in Cincinnati DVDs.  That's yet another comedic treasure from my youth.  I was five or six years old when it debuted and we lived in England.  I quickly got hooked on it, though, because it was, and still is, a hilarious show.  It also featured great songs from my childhood. Sadly, some of the songs that were on the original airings have been replaced with generic bullshit.  When WKRP was originally produced, it was a lot cheaper to license music.  The licenses have since run out and it now costs a lot to get the rights to a lot of the songs.  The latest version of the DVD that is out now has a lot of the original songs, though a few are still generic soundalikes.  Last night, I was reminded of a song I hadn't heard in ages...


I can't watch this in Germany because of their stupid copyright laws, but you can probably see it in the USA.  God bless Paul McCartney and Wings for not being shitty about licensing music.  It resulted in my decision to purchase the album from which this came.

It's very cold outside today.  Looks like there was freezing rain overnight.  The sun is out, though.  This is the first we've seen of it in a long time.  Naturally, that makes me feel like I need to take the dogs for a walk, since they've been cooped up all week.  I hate really cold weather, though, and so do they.  It was so cold this morning that Bill had to take my car to work.  The locks were frozen shut on the Toyota.

I'm feeling better today than I did yesterday.  The swelling has gone down, not that I had a whole lot. There's almost no pain.  The stitches are still annoying, but I only notice them when I touch them with my tongue.  Bill wanted to give me soup last night, but I sent him to get chicken at the store.  Clearly, I'm on the mend.  I think the antibiotics are giving me some gastric upset, though. 

Arran needed a little cuddle time this morning.  As I was writing this post, he came up, put his paws on my and rested his head on my knee.  That's a signal that he wants to get in my lap and snuggle.  I picked him up, hugged him, and rocked him like a baby.  He usually only needs a couple of minutes of cuddle time, then he's okay and will go do his own thing.  It used to be that Zane was the one who did that all the time, but instead of being helped into a lap, he'd take a flying leap.  Sometimes, I'd be drinking something when he did it.  He later learned to wait until I was ready to receive him.  Zane is less clingy than he used to be, probably because Arran is more possessive.  Sometimes I think I really did better having dogs instead of kids.

Last night, Bill came home with a package I ordered.  It's a big, beautiful, coffee table book about Kate Bush.  It was written by her brother, John Carder Bush and is called Kate.  I also ordered the other book he did, Cathy, but that one hasn't gotten to me yet.  Catherine also happens to be the name of Bill's younger ex-daughter.  I'm glad there are other Catherines besides her out there to represent that name...  

I should probably write about the Middle Eastern hooligans who are apparently running around harassing German girls.  Maybe I'll do that later.  By the way, Alexis, thanks for the tip on Paul Davis's "Sinner in Salt Lake City" song.  I ended up downloading that album, too.

It's going to be a musical day.  I can tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.