Friday, January 1, 2016

An explosive New Year's...

This post is definitely not going to appeal to a lot of people.  If you have a low tolerance for grossness, you might want to move on to your next station on the Web.

I drank too much wine last night.  Way too much.  I also started my period.  Because I drank too much wine, I ended up hurling.  Because I started my period, I had to get up several times during the night.  At 3:30am , Zane woke me up because he, too, was hurling.  He got a piece of beef last night and beef tends to upset his stomach sometimes.

So, even though I pretty much passed out right after midnight, I didn't stay down all night.  Fireworks were still going on at 3:30am.  Bill was up because his knee was hurting him, so when he heard me cursing about Zane's puke, he came up to see what the problem was.  I was trying to clean up the mess while still half asleep.

Then, this morning, Zane threw up his breakfast.  I heard Bill yelling about it right after he was yelling about stepping in a pile of shit left by dear Arran.  At least I didn't do any throwing up this morning, but I look like I've been in a fight.  My eyes are all bloody and I have petechiae around them from the force of hurling.  I don't feel well today, but not because I'm hungover.  Throwing up probably saved me from that fate.  I just have really bad cramps.

Incidentally, yesterday was my 30th anniversary of being a real woman.  I got my very first period on New Year's Eve 1985.  How fitting it is that I'd get it on the same day 30 years later.  It's unusually unpleasant this month.

Anyway, I feel like I should take down all the Christmas crap and clean my house.  But I don't feel like doing any cleaning.  I feel like going back to bed, which I can't do right now because I'm washing the sheets.  My friend Donna, who is from Mississippi, says that it's bad luck to do laundry on New Year's because you might "wash someone out of your life".  I did laundry last year on New Year's and lost three uncles in 2015.  But it's not that surprising that they died because all three of them were elderly and had health issues.

Although I'm sure Zane is going to be fine, I find myself worrying about him and Arran whenever something's not quite right.  He was happy to share some of my breakfast this morning and wanted to take a walk.  I still worry, though...

I'm ready for the holidays to be over.  Sorry... this is kind of a boring post.  Maybe later, my thoughts will gather and I can write something more coherent and interesting.

2 comments:

  1. iI hope you're feeling better and I hope Zane is OK.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.