Monday, December 21, 2015

Debating whether or not I should watch the Duggar sisters' special...

I see Counting On with Jill and Jessa offered on iTunes.  It's only five bucks and might give me lots to snark about.  On the other hand, it grieves me to think that any money I spend on that will probably go straight to Boob and his wife.  Aside from that, I don't actually find the Duggars that interesting, except when they say and do things that are snarkworthy.  So maybe I won't succumb to the temptation to download... especially since my computer has precious little hard drive space as it is.  On the other hand, if I have enough booze, I may end up drinking and downloading.  It wouldn't surprise me.



The weather this morning is drizzly.  I'm supposed to take Zane back to the vet for his allergy shot that I had hoped to get for him a couple of weeks ago.  I don't really feel like going.  It would be a gift to me if Bill came home early and took care of that little task for me.  I don't actually feel that great this morning.  I ate something that didn't agree with me and earlier paid the price for by way of the toilet...  I won't elaborate further.  I'm sure you know what I mean.

It's good to be home after our trip.  I enjoyed traveling and we got to see some impressive mountains. I think I was expecting more snow, but it hasn't been especially cold lately.  It was cold in Austria and I'm glad I brought my big parka with me.  But otherwise, the temperatures were mild.  When we got back here last night, I noticed the weather was also very temperate.  Last year, I recall similar weather... then it started snowing on December 26th and we got a big pile of white stuff.  I doubt we'll have a similar phenomenon this year.

I am kind of ready for Christmas to be over.  Now that I'm an old fogey, I am less interested in/impressed by the holiday season.  The one good thing about it is that Bill gets more time off.  I like having him around for many reasons, not the least of which that he's a great bartender who enjoys spoiling me.  Now that's he's finished with school, he has more time and energy to do just that.

I haven't had much time to read the news lately, though I did see the piece about Family Feud host Steve Harvey messing up announcing the winner of the Miss Universe pageant.  As a youngster, I used to love watching beauty pageants.  They bore me now, though I might have gotten a kick out of Harvey's gaffe.  I think he's pretty funny anyway.  Poor Miss Colombia.  That must have been devastating for her, to lose the crown so quickly after "winning" it.  I hope Steve Harvey doesn't end up with a Cuban necktie.


Beauty contests have always been boring.  They were even boring when I was a kid and enjoyed watching them... I liked them for the glamorous dresses and hairstyles, but the interviews and talent portions were usually pretty yawnworthy.  Donald Trump's Vegas style revamp hasn't helped matters that much.  Still, having Harvey host was a stroke of genius.  I bet Trump trumped up the drama deliberately...

Anyway... this is my third blog post today, the other two being posted on my travel blog.  I suppose I'll quit and do something else for awhile.

P.S.  For some reason, videos aren't showing up on Blogger.  I assume this is a temporary problem and they'll show up later.  If not, I'll edit.



2 comments:

  1. I haven't watched the Jill and Jessa special either. i probably will have a fit of masochism and watch it eventually.
    I hope yu feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.