Friday, November 13, 2015

Who gives a...

rat's ass?



I wonder where this saying came from?

First time I ever heard anyone say this was on the 1985 movie, The Breakfast Club.  Principal Richard Vernon said he didn't give a "rat's ass".  Since then, I've heard it used lots of times, usually denoting that a person doesn't care about a certain subject.  I have to wonder, though, why would you bring a rat into it?  Why not a giraffe or a donkey or a squirrel?  

I may have to give this subject some serious thought... because God knows I don't give a rat's ass about anything else this afternoon.  I wanted to go out last night and do an open mic performance at the local steak joint.  Bill had to get up in the middle of the night for his class and he was too tired to go out.  So we stayed in, much to my chagrin.

Monday is our wedding anniversary.  It'll be 13 years.  And we also got the bill for our next Hebridean cruise in March.  That'll be fun...

Other than that, I don't give a rat's ass about Friday, the 13th.  I think I'll fuck off and do some reading.

2 comments:

  1. It hasn't been a great day for me though i don't think any of it had much to do with it being Friday the 13th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry. Just read about your day.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.