Monday, November 30, 2015

"This is what happens when you don't shut up..."

That was the caption under a photo of a beautiful labrador retriever whose mouth was duct taped.  The dog's owner stupidly posted the photo on Facebook, where it quickly went viral.  Many people, myself included, reported the photo to Facebook.  Facebook responded that the photo wasn't against their community standards.  It stayed up for a couple of days, then was deleted.  My guess is that the owner of the dog was getting a lot of heat from local law enforcement officials and animal control.

It's funny.  I don't get too hot and bothered reading about a woman breastfeeding her daughter while drinking beer.  The sight of an innocent animal with its snout taped shut makes me want to act.  The dog was otherwise healthy looking and apparently suffered no harm from this little stunt.  Still, it was disturbing to see it on my Facebook feed as many times as I did.  When someone posts a picture of an animal that has been abused or killed, I usually have to hide it.  I can't stand looking at those kinds of pictures.  And yet, I still eat meat and wear leather.  Go figure.

Interestingly enough, the woman who posted the photo of the taped up dog muzzle, also posted this...


I'd venture to say that posting a picture on Facebook of a dog with a duct taped muzzle isn't intelligent or classy... and I'm confident she will be dealing with the aftermath for awhile.

This story made Fox News as well.  I had to go look and read what some of the comments were.  Naturally, some had to mention abortion, as in how many "babies" are slaughtered in their mothers' wombs.  Others commented that they like to shoot the woman or beat her senseless.  One person offered this beaut of a comment...

The Liberals are Hippocrates!! I know for a fact the Obama Administration has duct taped Joe Biden's mouth on more than one occasion!!

Hippocrates? Really?  Fox News is a riot.

It'll be interesting to see if we get an update on this situation.  Meanwhile, I find Facebook's policies regarding what is and what is not acceptable a bit strange.  Show a nipple and you're in Facebook jail for a few days.  Tape your dog's mouth shut and it's alright, even though people call the police and they actually investigate.

ETA:  Apparently, the Facebooker was nabbed in Cary, NC.  The dog remains in her custody, as long as she stays out of Florida.

I really need to find a hobby.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.