Saturday, November 7, 2015

Sex pest...

Yesterday, I was reading about Jessa Seewald's new bundle of joy and came across an article by Britain's Daily Mail that mentioned her older brother Josh and referred to him as a "sex pest".  I have to admit, that term made me chuckle.

What is a pest, anyway?  Dictionary.com defines the word pest thusly:



noun

1.
an annoying or troublesome person, animal, or thing; nuisance.
2.
an insect or other small animal that harms or destroys garden plants,trees, etc.
3.
a deadly epidemic disease, especially a plague; pestilence. 

Since Josh is not a disease, an insect, or a small animal that destroys gardens, I'm guessing the word "pest" in this instance applies to the first definition.  Essentially, the presumably British author of the article thinks Josh's sexual habits are akin to simply being annoying and troublesome.  And, I guess, they kind of are annoying and troublesome... but man, talk about an understatement!

Actually, if you think about it, perhaps Josh does raid "gardens" in a manner of speaking.  He sows his wild oats in the metaphorical genital gardens of women like Danica Dillon.  He tills and roto-roots the private parts of young girls unfortunate enough to be sitting on his lap as he reads to them.  Yeah.  I'd say that's pest-like behavior.  However, when I think of a pest, I think of an annoying child, a housefly, or maybe vermin like rats or mice.  I think I might need to invest in a flyswatter or a mouse trap.  I don't think of people like Josh Duggar.

Perhaps the third definition could also apply, when you consider the long lasting damage that is done by sex abusers.  Sex abuse is often the "gift that keeps on giving" as victims struggle to come to terms with what happened to them and pass on their baggage to people who get close to them or are born to them.  In that sense, perhaps being a sex pest does spread a deadly epidemic disease or plague.  There are certainly ripple effects after abuse.

I don't know exactly what happened back when Josh was a teenager.  I would still maintain that being fourteen and fifteen years old, and no doubt knowing that his behavior was wrong, he should have gotten real help from qualified people.  His parents failed him by not getting him that real help that he and his victims needed.  So now Anna Duggar and their kids are paying the price.  So are all of the other family members, because they have all been affected by this.

Poor Jessa Seewald, arguably the prettiest of the "gardens" Josh invaded with his sex pest ways, is paying again for her brother's violation.  Her pregnancy was overshadowed by what he did.  Jessa, who clearly enjoys being in the public eye and was hoping to bask in some of the attention her older sister, Jill, enjoyed when she had her baby, instead had to share the spotlight with her abuser.  In the article I linked to, the following sentence appears...

"The couple live in the small house owned by her parents Jim Bob and Michelle. It's where her sex pest brother Josh lived with his wife Anna until they moved to Washington DC."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3306390/Ambulance-called-Jessa-Duggar-s-suffers-complications-home-birth.html#ixzz3qn4kvuNK 


Not even an article about the birth of Jessa's baby and ensuing medical drama could escape mention of Josh and his perversions.  Of course, I'm glad the sentence was in the article because it inspired me to write this post. Otherwise, I might have to write about something else.

Anyway, I'm glad Jessa and Ben are parents now. I hope they enjoy their new roles. I look forward to not seeing any more enlarged Duggar family uteri on my Facebook feed for awhile.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.