Friday, November 20, 2015

Quotes...

My uncle's wife has a brother who is my Facebook friend.  I notice that he often posts quotes as his status updates.  I have to wonder what the reason for that is.  

I mean the occasional quote can be thought provoking, I guess.  Some quotes are pretty damn awesome, in fact.  You can't write a decent paper without including some quotes, right?  However, if you're always quoting other people, doesn't that mean you have nothing original to say?  And if you have nothing to say, why post at all?

This particular relative-- and I'm not sure if he is actually a relative or not-- his sister is my aunt by marriage-- also likes to chastise me sometimes for swearing.  It pisses me off.  I know he knew me when I was a baby and has a daughter my age.  That doesn't mean he can tell me to stop cussing.  I'm 43 fucking years old.  If I want to use the f word, I will.

Is it better to post quotes from "great" people than it is to post your own thoughts, profane though they may be?  I don't think so.  Do your friends go around spouting off quotes when they talk to you offline?  I hope not.  Think of how boring that would be.  

"Hi Jim!"

"I think, therefore I am."

"Nice weather today."

"The truth will set you free.  But first it will piss you off."

"Okay, have a good one..."

"Smile and the world smiles with you."

"Fuck off!"

"Bad Jenny!  Don't cuss!"

See what I mean?  I'm sorry... this blog post is kind of lame.  I'm feeling kind of yucky today and not in the mood to write much.  Ooh... I did just have a brainstorm, though.  Last night, I got an email from one of my sisters.  Apparently, the same annoying relatives who planned Thanksgiving last year are doing it this year.  While Thanksgivings with my family are always fun, they are also overwhelming.  I am grateful that this year, we will stay in Germany and enjoy the fact that it's not going to be a holiday here.  That means Bill and I will be able to fuck around and things will be open.  No one who is related to me will upset me.

Yeah.  So there's something to be thankful for, not just for me and Bill, but for those who have to be around me when I get into a mood.  Other than that, I've got nothing.  Maybe tomorrow, inspiration will strike.    

Oh... and here's something else I just thought of.  The other day, I wanted Southwestern Egg Rolls from Chili's in the worst way.  We don't have a Chili's near us.  There is one at Ramstein Air Force Base about three hours north.  I think it's the only one in Germany.  Bill and I ate there last year during our hop and I got so pissed off at the server that I wrote a rant on this blog... then ended up deleting it.  Anyway, I was curious, so I went searching to see if there are any international Chili's here besides the one at Ramstein.  I found a blog post about an outing to Chili's written by an American woman whose husband was based there.  As I was reading, I got Mormon vibes.  Like... there were little hints that the woman was LDS.  Sure enough, I looked to the left where her tags were.  Sure enough, Mormon as can be!

This is not to bash her for that, by the way.  I just thought it was funny that once again, my "Modar" was working.  And to think I've never even been LDS.  Odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.