Thursday, November 19, 2015

A pox on...

people who come over unannounced.  Yesterday, in the mid afternoon, I decided to take a shower.  Since it was about 3:00 and I wasn't planning to go anywhere or see anyone, I decided to change into my nightie.  Lo and behold, not ten minutes after I put on my nightgown, the doorbell rang.  The dogs went nuts.  I closed them into the downstairs half of the house and opened the door.  There stood the male half of the couple who own the house we're renting.

He needed to go into the basement.  I said it was okay, though I wasn't dressed.  I went back up to my office, feeling kind of embarrassed and annoyed.  I don't like it when people drop by unexpectedly.  I used to do it when I was younger and dumber.  I wouldn't dream of doing it now unless I had a standing invitation or it was an emergency of some kind.  Of course, he wasn't looking to be entertained.  But if I had known he and his wife would be coming over, I would have been dressed for the occasion.

Grrr...  I look forward to the day when we own our own home.  I know it'll be a big responsibility and all, but at least I won't have to worry about my privacy.

The weather is cold and windy today.  I think we may get snow this weekend.  Or snow showers, anyway...  And we'll be paying off our Scottish cruise, which means I'll need to start planning the trip in earnest.  Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.