Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Yeast infections!

Last night, just before drifting off to sleep, I read a funny news story about a woman who managed to ward off Planned Parenthood protesters with a funny chant.  Sunday of last weekend, 29 year old Mary Numair was working a shift at Purrington's Cat Lounge in Portland, Oregon when she noticed some people with signs standing outside.  One of the women was holding a sign that read "Abortion kills children."

Being the type of person who helps others, Numair went outside to tell the protesters that they were at the wrong address.  When one of the women insisted that she and her fellow protesters were in the right spot, Numair decided to launch a counter protest.  Using cardboard and rudimentary art skills, she made a big sign that read "Dear PP, Thanks for helping me with my yeast infections!"  She drew a stick figure of a woman with big boobs and a smiley clitoris.  Then she went outside and joined the protesters.

A few years earlier, Numair had chronic yeast infections that were not cleared up by the over the counter medications available at stores.  She had no health insurance, so she went to Planned Parenthood for help.  They helped her and she stopped suffering.  No more itching, burning, or weeping "down there".  I'm sure it was a big relief AND she didn't go broke getting a cure.

The protesters called Numair a whore within thirty seconds of her arrival, but she simply held up her sign and started chanting "Yeast infections!"  She bent down and asked one of the kids if he or she knew about yeast infections.  Then she did cheerleader style high kicks.  The protesters were horrified and offended, even though one of them had called Numair a whore.  But I guess the idea of someone's recalcitrant yeast infections being cured by Planned Parenthood's medical providers was too much for them to stomach. Within a half an hour, they got the hell out of Dodge.

Reading about Numair's impromptu counter protest made me think that I need to pay a visit to Portland, Oregon sometime soon.  I love that there are people in that city that aren't afraid to chant about yeast infections to get obnoxious pro-lifers to move on.  I also love that they have a "cat lounge" there and that Numair could feel free to counter protest without fear of being fired.  Thinking about it further, I think it's very appropriate that the protesters made a mistake and set up their picketing in front of a business that specializes in pussies...

On another note, I noticed that on a link to a different version of this story, a man named Frank wrote...

And you can go to any drug store and buy the cream instead of a billion dollar waste of government money!!!!

So I wrote,

Her infections didn't respond to the creams. She needed a prescription and was not insured. May you experience something similar.


And he wrote...

There are prescription strength ones that are now OTC... And I buy my own W/O the gov.. I have experienced it! Shove it!

So I wrote,

She wasn't able to use those medications when she had her yeast infections. She needed the ones that aren't available OTC. If something is "prescription strength", it can't be sold OTC. That's what "prescription strength" means. And if you have experienced vaginal yeast infections, I'm sure that's a part of your life that should remain private. So...


Ordinarily, I wouldn't bother to comment to guys like Frank... who is clearly an asshole with the intelligence of buttcrud.  But I just made the above Mr. Rogers meme yesterday and felt the need to share it with more than a few people.  And may I just say that I hope Frank does get a stubborn yeast infection in a place where the sun and Monistat don't shine.




2 comments:

  1. The Mr. Rogers meme is priceless. And I love that lady even though I don't know her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I am pretty proud of that meme.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.