Sunday, October 11, 2015

Local drama...

Yesterday morning, I discovered that I was added to a new local Facebook group.  Unbeknownst to me, the big local Facebook group sort of imploded over some drama that didn't involve me at all.  So a new group was formed and someone added me to it.

I'm not sorry I got added because it gave me the chance to reconnect with a few folks I lost touch with a few months ago when I dropped out of most of the local groups.  I may or may not stay in the new group because there often tends to be drama in these online groups and I end up getting too involved in it.  That, and I don't like feeling like I annoy people and I inevitably end up feeling like I do, especially in military groups.

We didn't really do anything yesterday.  The weather sucks and Bill has a big project to do for his class.  I wasn't feeling all that great, either.  Today, Bill is finishing his work.  Tomorrow, I get to go back to the dentist and have impressions done.  Hopefully, in about two months, we can get to work filling in the big hole in my smile.  Actually, you can't really tell I'm missing a tooth because it's far enough back not to see it.  But I know it's there and it's annoying.

I started reading a new book about ballerina, Misty Copeland.  I didn't know much about her before I picked up her book.  She got started late in ballet  and very quickly vaulted to the top of the dance world.  It's a pretty good "success against all odds" type of book, though I get the sense that her mother might have been cluster B.  Married four times... kids by different men... constant moves and stormy relationships... and lots of drama.  I felt myself getting pissed for Misty, even though she's had a happy ending, at least from what I can see.


Misty Copeland dances to Yo Yo Ma's music...

I have a "psychological sunburn" when it comes to cluster B types.  

I wish we could have gone somewhere this weekend.  I hate staying home on long weekends.  At least Bill will be done with his schoolwork soon.  By Christmas, he should have his second master's degree and be overeducated like his wife.  ;-) 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.