Thursday, September 3, 2015

Simmer down now...


Cheri Oteri has the right idea...

Is it me, or is everyone up in arms these days about something?  From Josh Duggar's sexual dalliances to transgendered people in public restrooms to court clerks not issuing marriage licenses... It just seems like everyone's got a pet cause.

Now, far be it for me to say that people don't have the right to get fired up about stuff they believe in. As a matter of fact, I think the court clerk in Kentucky who refuses to do her job ought to be fired/relieved of her duties pronto.  I think Josh Duggar is getting his just desserts.  I think people need to be less worried about going to the bathroom.  It just seems like someone's always starting a Change petition or staging a protest or otherwise raising hell about some issue.  I wonder how people are able to pick the things that really matter to them.

I think my thoughts on this issue have a lot to do with when and how I was raised.  I was born in the early 70s.  I think about the 80s and it doesn't seem like it was that long ago... or that things were really different.  They were, of course.  Back then, we didn't have warp access to information the way we do today.  In those days, you got your news from radio, TV, or a newspaper.  Maybe you'd read Newsweek or Time.

Now, you get your news on any of the many channels on TV, through print sources, or really more commonly, the Internet.  The Internet is constantly feeding us information, a lot of which is garbage.  Nowadays, anyone can communicate to the masses.  I think people have a lot more information to filter than they used to.  There's more to think about, though a lot of what we think about matters less.

Like, for instance, I just read a total crap article about Kate Middleton possibly being pregnant again. Of course, that article is click bait and it's full of speculation.  People read it and offer their thoughts, never mind that if Kate is pregnant, eventually the whole world will know... and it's none of our business either.  Yesterday, I read a similar article about Jill Duggar Dillard possibly being pregnant again.  That possibility seems more plausible to me, but really, who cares?  I mean, I clicked the link like everyone else did... but why do I even give a shit?

My brain is constantly running, trying to filter out all the stupid shit.  Meanwhile, I am worried about so many real things in my life.  Like, for instance, the fact that I must have a date with the tooth extractor soon.  I am dreading it, but it needs to be done.  I have anxiety over that.  And I am worried about Arran, who's tumor has apparently returned very quickly.  I am fighting the urge to rush him to the vet, knowing that all she will do is palpate the mass and tell me it needs to come off.  And once she takes it off, I have to worry about it returning.

Along with those things, I am bombarded with news about the "Free the Nipple" movement and plans to have women walk topless in support of this udderly earth shattering movement.

Ah hell...  my life is one big simmer down session.  I sit at my computer most of the day and waste time, breaking to take the dogs for a walk or do some menial chore around the house.  Maybe I should get excited about something.  On the other hand, maybe not.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.