Tuesday, August 25, 2015

The Duggar drama has shifted from TV to the Internet...

As Jessa Duggar posts a fitting and rather poignant Bible passage that appears to be aimed at big brother Josh and his zipper troubles, Anna Duggar's brother, Daniel, rips Josh a new one with a blistering comment about shame and disgrace.  Daniel even goes as far as to call Josh a "pig".  I wouldn't give Josh that much credit.  After all, pigs may be stinky and dirty, but they taste good and are supposedly very intelligent.  They even make good pets.  None of those things could be said about Josh.

No... if I were Anna's brother, I think I might liken Josh to a coyote rather than a pig.  Coyotes are thieves who skulk around, rob henhouses, terrorize domestic animals, and piss off farmers.  They are wily and sneaky and few folks think of them as friends...


Josh Duggar?  Maybe this is how he feels these days...

Anna's brother appears to be pretty pissed off about this situation to the point at which he uses some language that I would never expect to be associated with Duggars or their ilk.  Frankly, Daniel's use of profanity makes me like him.  I admire those who have the courage to break out of oppression, and while I wouldn't necessarily think that simply using swear words makes someone cool, I do when that person comes from a religious cult.  Often, it's the first sign that the person has started to use their brain rather than just pay, pray, and obey.

Anyway, Keller's rant was an entertaining read this morning after a nice night's sleep.  I went to bed early last night and even eschewed my usual boozing in favor of rest.  At about 7:30pm, the Apple TV went on the fritz and I didn't feel like going downstairs to reboot the router.  So I turned off all the lights and went to bed, where I read a few more chapters of a mindless book I've been reading about being a waiter to rich and famous people in Beverly Hills.  I expect to be done with the book soon, so there will soon be a review posted.

We had lots of rain yesterday, which is a good thing.  It cooled things off and I can see the ground starting to get green again.  Pretty soon, the burned patches of the lawn in the backyard will be looking less parched.

I can't communicate much with Bill because Uganda's internet service sucks.  It's frustratingly slow.  However, he did post a photo from the area where he is right now.  It's very green and pretty.  I have heard that despite the depiction of Uganda in The Book of Mormon Musical, as African countries go, Uganda isn't that bad at all.  I'm sure Bill will give me the lowdown when he gets back on Saturday.  For now, I will continue to entertain myself with ER downloads, reading, and minimal housework.

I'll probably be back later with a rant...  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.