Monday, August 24, 2015

Monday morning blues...

I didn't get much sleep last night because Arran woke up in the middle of the night to throw up.  Actually, it wasn't much of a vomiting episode.  It was probably more like spitting up than throwing up.  Still, he roused me from sleep to wipe up the mess and take him and Zane outside.  Then, I gave him a biscuit to settle his stomach.

It took a couple of hours to calm down and drop off to sleep again.  I was lying in bed, stewing and worrying over shit I have no control over.  Finally, Arran nestled his head into my shoulder and that comforted me somewhat.  I eventually closed my eyes and drifted off to dreamland.

I was awakened bright and early by the sun and the dogs' need to go out for a whiz.  After I fed them, I made coffee and used up the rest of the pancake batter I made yesterday for my usual Sunday breakfast.  Now the clouds and rain are back and I'm feeling sleepy.  I might go back to bed, since I have nothing better to do today.

The other day, I completed a duet with a guy on SingSnap.  He got all excited over it and has been sending me a bunch of private messages, wanting me to do other songs with him.  I am flattered that he likes my voice, but at the same time, it annoys me when I get repeated requests to do stuff that I'm not interested in doing.  Sometimes, the requests feel like an assignment, rather than a request.  Last week, one guy sent me a whole list of songs he wanted me to sing with him.  I ignored him.

It also annoys me when people turn songs that are meant to be solos into duets.  I know it shouldn't and there are things I can do to put a stop to it.  I hate to have to do that, though.  Every once in awhile, another person's added vocals improves a solo effort.  That doesn't happen very often, I'm afraid.  Most people can't sing that well, so they end up messing up a perfectly good recording.  Sorry, I know that sounds really conceited, but it's the truth.  And I hate feeling obligated to listen to them and make positive comments, while at the same time, I feel kind of bad when I choose to ignore them.

I'm really in a cranky mood today.  What can I say?  It's Monday and raining outside.  My husband is gone all week.  My stocks took a big crap.  I didn't sleep well and people are getting on my nerves.  So is my computer, which just informed me that I've managed to fill yet another hard drive.  I guess I'll spend some time today dumping old photos and stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.