Sunday, July 5, 2015

Yet another lame fourth...

Last year, I spent the fourth of July eating ribs, drinking beer, and watching a Duggar marathon.  That's because a year ago today, Bill and I got on a plane to Virginia to say goodbye to my dad.  I didn't even see any fireworks because it rained in Texas on July 4th last year.

This year, we are in Germany.  I didn't go to the military posts, so I didn't see any fireworks.  It's hot as hell here right now and until yesterday, we didn't have an air conditioner.  We ended up buying one at a local hardware store that is like Home Depot, only it has a cafe.  I'm using it to cool down my "office", which is by far the hottest room in the house.  The air conditioner makes a big difference, even if it was expensive and is a bit of a pain to set up.

Bill cooked barbecued chicken, baked potatoes, asparagus, and minted cucumbers (which weren't actually cooked).  He also made minted lemonade, but we haven't gotten around to drinking that yet.

I have spent the last two days dealing with paresthesia.  I woke up with it on Friday and it's been bugging me all weekend.  Fortunately, it's not too severe right now and is really more of an annoyance than anything else.  Guess it's time to see a doctor... wish I were more interested and enthused about going to one.

Arran has to have surgery on July 7th, which is Bill's birthday.  He has a small growth about a half an inch over his left eye.  I noticed it in late April and it's been slowly getting bigger.  I guess I am encouraged that there's only one, it's within the skin, and it's symmetrical.  Still, it worries me, and July has not historically been a good month when it comes to my dogs and their veterinary issues.  So if you can spare some good vibes for Arran, I would appreciate it.  He's a good boy.

Bill just came in here and startled me.  He has a knack for doing that.

I'm in kind of a crappy mood right now, so I think I'll go have some coffee.    

2 comments:

  1. I have lots of good vibes to spare for Arran.

    Jillian is 33 weeks and no baby. She is officially off bed resr and is thrilled.
    She can't wairt to feed Andrew his rice cereal for breakfast. He's still asleep.

    At least you had a good meal for the 4th.

    A hardware store with a cafe? How funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. Germans are very civilized. I blogged about our trip to the hardware store on the travel blog and included photos of said cafe.

      I will send good vibes for Jillian. I am sure she can't wait to be unpregnant.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.