Monday, July 27, 2015

Bobbi Kristina has finally joined her mother...

It's been very sad watching the whole Bobbi Kristina Brown story unfold.  Almost six months ago, she was found face down in her bathtub, in a situation bizarrely similar to her mother's, Whitney Houston, back in February 2012.  Unlike Whitney, someone got to Bobbi Kristina in time to get her to a hospital.  There, she has lingered in a coma for months on end.

For months, I have read about the squabbling between Bobbi's dad, Bobby Brown, and Bobbi's aunt and grandmother, Pat and Cissy Houston.  I have also read about Nick Gordon, Bobbi's allegedly abusive boyfriend and sorta brother, whom Whitney had taken in when he was a child.

It's so hard to fathom all of this because I was a child in 1985, when Whitney Houston's career was white hot.  I owned a copy of her self-titled debut album, which I used to listen to all the time.  As I got older, I grew less enamored of Whitney's pipes.  By the time she was famously making the soundtrack for The Bodyguard, I had pretty much lost interest in her.  I really got sick of that soundtrack, which was everywhere in 1992 and 93.

Of course, I also remember Bobby Brown's career with New Edition and as a solo artist.  And his turn on reality TV with the likes of Maureen McCormick and Carnie Wilson.


I actually watched their show, "Goin' Country".  It was pretty bad.  I was living in Germany at the time, though, and was starved for choice.  I also love bad TV.

As time went on, rumors of Bobby's and Whitney's drug abuse and bad behavior was all over the news.  Bobbi Kristina was their only child, the child of two very talented parents.  She should have had a sterling future ahead of her.  Unfortunately, it never seemed to get off the ground.  Now she's dead.

To be honest, I am sad that such a young woman has died.  But I am also kind of relieved for her, because she hasn't really been alive since January.  I can't even imagine what it has been like for her family, watching her slowly deteriorate for the past few months.

Anyway, I hope Bobbi Kristina is able to rest in peace.  If there is such a thing as an afterlife, I hope she's found her mom and they are together.  Sadly, I think the next news we'll hear about the Browns and the Houstons will involve who gets all of Whitney's money.

2 comments:

  1. i read somewhere that the estate went to Cissy houston, but that report may not have been accurates. both Whitney and bobby have impacted how i live, in that if i'm really sick, I don't get into a bathtube unless there's someone to check on me, and I don't tale pain pills then get into a tub. you'd probably have to take more than i take to have an outcome similar to theirs, but I take no chances. There are things in likfe we cannot control, but I do not choose to drown in a bathtub.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think that would be a horrible and undignified way to die. Not sure what really happened with Bobbi Kristina. It really does look like there was some foul play.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.