Monday, May 25, 2015

Mama June is pissed off...

Fallout from the Duggar sex scandal continues as Mama June of the defunct TLC reality show Here Comes Honey Boo Boo claims she was treated much more harshly than the Duggar family was.  Her show was cancelled just hours after TMZ posted pictures of her with her convicted sex offender boyfriend, Mark McDaniel.  Now that the Duggars are in trouble thanks to eldest son Josh's confession that he molested his sisters and a friend of the family, Mama June is demanding that TLC put her show back on the air.  If they don't, she's planning to sue for $1 million.

I have never actually seen Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.  The ads and constant Internet articles were enough to keep me away from that show.  I don't get the sense that the world really misses Honey Boo Boo, although I'm sure Mama June misses the money, fame, and notoriety that came from the show.  In fact, I bet even if Mama June hadn't been dating a child molester, the show would have run its course.  I don't think it was as compelling as the Duggars' show has been, mainly because the Duggars are a lot easier and much more fun to snark on.    

I think I would get a kick out of seeing Mama June sue, though.  I doubt she would prevail in a lawsuit, but the ensuing carnival would probably be a lot of fun to watch.  Maybe it would even merit a reality show.  It amazes me what people will sue over.

In other news, I just watched the heartbreaking video by Rachael Farrokh about her battle with anorexia nervosa.  Bill caught the end of it and said he wanted to donate to her cause.  I have to say, just looking at that poor woman and being able to count every bone in her body breaks my heart.  


2 comments:

  1. My aunt says that unless TLC's parent company's legal department had been foolish enough to detail in writing Mama June's dating of a child molester as a reason for the show's cancellation (the mere vague citation of a morals clause would not have been sufficient grounds) the whole premise of which is highly dubious because, as you said, the show seemed to have run its due course anyway, there's only the slimmest of chances that any lawyer with sufficient skill to litigate his way out of a 10-inch-deep wading pool would even take the case, much less that the case would get beyond first base.

    The video so sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think Mama June is going to be disappointed, although she apparently does have a lawyer on the case. Seems like a waste of time and money.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.