Wednesday, April 8, 2015

She finally popped...

So, last night the world was introduced to Israel David Dillard, the newest member of the monstrous Duggar clan...  I almost wrote Dullard instead of Duggar.  Too funny.

In all seriousness, I am happy that mom and baby seem to be doing fine.  He was a biggun' weighing in at 9 pounds 10 ounces and measuring 23 inches.  That's one big boy.  I hope Jill will get some rest and my news feed will cease and desist with the constant baby bump photos.

Unlike some people who have been posting, I don't actually have a problem with Jill having a baby.  It's only her first.  She seems like a nice woman and I think she'll make an excellent mom.  She's certainly had enough practice.

Now everyone's attention is swinging to Will and Kate, who are expecting their second child.  Unlike Jill Dillard, Kate hasn't been showing off her baby bump.  We don't know if she is having a boy or a girl.  Last night, I read a story about Kate's pregnancy and the comments were enough to make me want to puke.

A lot of people think Kate will have a girl.  A lot of people think if she has a girl, the child should be named Diana or have the name Diana somewhere in the name.  Personally, I hope Will and Kate pick something with less baggage attached to it.

Don't get me wrong.  I was as amazed and fascinated by Diana as much as the next person was (and still is).  I just see her as a human being with many faults.  Yes, she was beautiful, charismatic, and talented, but she was not a good choice to be Charles's wife.  Maybe she was good for the monarchy and a "breath of fresh air", but I happen to believe that people should be compatible when they marry.  Charles and Diana clearly were not, though they did produce two handsome sons who are good citizens.

I fear that if Kate has a daughter, some people will be looking for a reincarnation of Diana.  I think it will be hard enough growing up royal.  Hell, I think just being a normal person growing up is difficult without the added baggage of being named after your phenomenally well-known grandmother who died much too young in a tragic car crash.

I hope William and Kate have a healthy child, boy or girl.  I am sure they will do their best to make sure their child has as normal an upbringing as possible.  But if they name their potential daughter Diana, the name would probably go way beyond a tribute.

That all being written, I have to admit that I am curious about Kate's new baby, too.  I'm sure he or she will be welcomed to the world with much fanfare.  If there's one things the Brits do beautifully, it's celebrate traditionally and with class.  So we'll see what happens...
     

2 comments:

  1. Not that I care except in a morbidly curious sort of way, but do you think Jill had a c-section?

    I, too, hope the royal baby isn't named Diana even if it is a girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't be surprised. One person said the baby's head didn't look like it had been pushed through a birth canal. And given his size, I'm guessing she probably did.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.