Saturday, April 4, 2015

More random stuff...

The weather is shitty today, so I am not dressed yet.  Since the weather sucks and it's Easter weekend, I don't have anything else to do other than waste time and money on Facebook games and pointless arguments.  And I do actually have a few other things on my mind, anyway... so here goes.

1.  Someone in Bill's office saw a video of Zane and Arran playing.  The lady said she thinks perhaps Arran has some German Shorthaired Pointer in him.  A couple of weeks ago, I noticed Arran trying to flush birds out of some bushes and I mentioned to Bill that I think he has some bird dog in him.  Having watched a video about German Shorthaired Pointers, I now think that aside from hound, our dog may be a pointer, too...


He's not as big or as energetic as a purebred is, but he definitely has a lot of the characteristics...


Arran gets snuggle time in my lap.


The boys in action.  Excuse Melrose Place playing in the background.

2.  Bill saw a doctor about the pain he was having last weekend with his prostate.  They did a PSA test and it came back with an abnormal result.  So now he needs a sonogram and a chat with a urologist.  Hopefully, it was just prostatitis or BPH, but there is a chance it could be something more nefarious.  So if you want to spare some good vibes for him, I'd appreciate it.  On the positive side, the antibiotics he's been taking have made a world of difference and he's feeling much better.

3.  I got a comment last night on my post about Erin McCay George, the woman I went to college with who murdered her husband for insurance money.  I think the comment may have come from one of Erin's daughters, who by now must be a young woman.  It always fascinates me when I blog about something, particularly a crime story, and I get a comment from someone involved.  I can't imagine what it must be like for Erin's children.  My heart goes out to them.

4.  Jill Dillard may be in labor or has already given birth.  This makes me happy, not just because I'd ordinarily be happy for a mom giving birth, but also because I'm tired of the constant baby updates on my news feed.  Of course, now that the baby may have been born, I'll still get updates.  I just won't have to see the growing baby bump anymore.  Unless, of course, Jessa is now prego.  If that's the case, I guess I'll just see another Duggar baby bump every week.

5.  And finally, too many people are assholes and enjoy body shaming women in show business or the media...  I have to wonder where all these perfect people come from that they feel like they can make derogatory comments about other peoples' bodies.  Our culture is big on shame, though, and we like to give people shit because it makes us feel better about our own inadequate selves. 



   

2 comments:

  1. Sending prayers and positive vibes for the retired lt. Col's health.

    We know the Pope (my dog, not Francis) is mostly Golden Retriever is probably not purebred, but we really don't know what else he is. i asked the vet once. he answered, "What do you want him to be?" He apparently didn't have any great insights, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alexis. I think he'll be fine, but he was a little depressed about it the other day.

      Our other dog, Zane, is about 90% beagle, but I think he has a touch of lab in him, too.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.