Saturday, November 8, 2014

Shaving cream...



Benny Bell's funny song, "Shaving Cream"...

I had a funny memory this morning as Bill and I were enjoying breakfast.  When I was in college, my best friend was a guy named Chris.  He was (and still is) a very funny person.  When we were in college, he reminded me a little of Elder Cunningham in The Book of Mormon Musical.  He's kind of short and has a hilarious sense of humor.


Elder Cunningham...

Anyway, when we were in college, Chris drank alcohol a lot.  He stopped drinking completely when we were in our junior year, but he still drank a lot when we were sophomores.  And one night, he got stinking drunk.

He stormed into my suite mate Donna's room.  She was fast asleep.  Suddenly, there was the sound of a shaving cream can.


The sound effects at the beginning of this video are perfect...

Donna woke up.  There was Chris standing there, drunk as piss, spraying her and her comforter with shaving cream.  

"Chris!" she shouted sternly.  "What in the HELL are you DOING?"

You'd have to know Donna to really picture how this went down.  Donna is very friendly, funny, and nice, with flaming red hair you can spot at a distance.  And she's from Mississippi, though she doesn't have a really southern accent.  Her mother, like my mother from Virginia, has a bit of a drawl.  I didn't actually see her face when this happened, but I can picture it quite clearly.

Chris, who by that time was very agitated, slurred "I'm gettin' you back!  You sprayed my bed with shaving cream!"

"No, I didn't!" Donna yelled, now enraged.  

"You didn't?" Chris slurred.

"It wasn't me, you FOOL!" Donna yelled.  "Now you take my comforter down to the laundry room and wash it RIGHT NOW!"

So Chris very apologetically took the comforter from Donna's bed and said, "I'm sorry, Lady..."

Then he washed it in the middle of the night.  I'm not sure he ever found out who the culprit was.  It wasn't me.

22 years later, that memory still cracks me up.  And yes, both Donna and Chris are still my friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.