Thursday, November 6, 2014

My mom hates her prosthetic boob...

I called her last night to see how she was doing and she said she got her new fake boob.  Apparently, it's very heavy, though it does look relatively realistic.  I'm guessing she doesn't wear it very often.  I'd think you could do other things, like maybe stuff a bra cup with polyester batting or something, rather than wear a heavy fake boob.  On the other hand, I'm also guessing she doesn't bother too much with it.

She was having an EKG last time I called her because she had bronchitis and the doctor apparently was curious about her heart.  Mom has a "bundle branch" irregularity that she's known about for 30 years and has to keep telling doctors about because they always get excited over it.

Aside from talking about her health, she also talked about my dad and how his sudden death has affected her.  When he went to the hospital over the summer, they had no idea he was about to die.  He'd had back pain and doctors kept taking x-rays of his back, but it turned out it was his gallbladder that was the problem.  By the time they removed it, it was gangrenous.  He had trouble breathing after the surgery and that was what led to his demise.

In the midst of it, my mom has been dealing with VA red tape and benefits she isn't getting because she didn't sign up for them when my dad was living.  He didn't sign up for the survivor benefits plan because it would have taken money out of his retirement and my dad figured she could make the money playing the organ.  It apparently never occurred to him that she'd need to retire from that as she got older.  He also didn't have life insurance, apparently.  Fortunately, Bill made a point of signing up for the survivor benefits plan for me and, in fact, nowadays if you don't get it, you and your spouse both have to sign paperwork stating that you understand that you're waiving it.  We also have life insurance.

My mom does seem to be having more fun these days, though.  Now she can come and go as she pleases, though if she doesn't get this VA mess sorted out, she may have to move.  The place where she lives is very expensive.

Yesterday it was cold and rainy, so I decided to make chili, which made Bill very happy.  He likes my chili very much, though he does most of the cooking.  The funny thing is, I used to be a great cook and actually enjoyed doing it.  Bill took over a few years ago.  I suppose I could go back to doing the cooking... and maybe I should.  We'll see...

Bill got a letter from TRICARE addressed to his ex twatbag daughter.  She's been dropped from coverage because she's aged out.  He put it in the shredder, since the little shit hasn't spoken to him in ten years.  Of course, his bringing up her name pisses me off.  I am still angry... even though I am also grateful that Bill's ex daughters aren't in our lives because they are horrible people.  I never thought I could have so much of a black heart toward anyone as I do toward Bill's ex wife and his ex kids.  Shitheads.  I wish them ill.  I hope their kids disown them, too.  It would serve them right.

I wish I had something more interesting to write about today.  Maybe something will come up in the news for me to rant about later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.